This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

WEbook Forums > The Genre Café > Horror Forum > Can my dreams make good stories?
A place for all your gory horror writing discussions.
Posted: 10/13/2014 6:47 PM PDT
I think dreams are fine as a story idea but the important part is you will need to translate that dream into something that has context and good flow.  A beginning, middle and end.  Most dreams fly around.. if you know what I'm saying. 
I just started writing my daydreams on my blog as a way to build my descriptive skills..  
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 5/15/2014 1:10 PM PDT
P.S I did not read your dream journal you linked to, it was just a general comment about dreams which in retrospect seems harsher than I had wanted it to be:)

Posted: 5/15/2014 1:09 PM PDT
NO!!!!
And they make terrible anecdotes too. Keep them to yourself or craft them into a proper story.

Posted: 7/15/2010 7:01 AM PDT
Hi folks, For many years I have been a lucid dreamer, from a very young age. Many have said that if i only had the ability to write well, that my dreams could make great stories, or go onto inspire otehr things, but like i said, im no writer. I have decided to upload my latest dream here, as i would love to hear some feedback with regards to its content. Firstly I would love if someone reading it could offer insight into the psyke behind it, as you will see, its pretty messed up, detailed and epic dream. But also, if I DID pad it out a little, if the original premise could make for a good short? The details of the dream remain, untouched and nothing is exaggerated. I hope you can help. All the best. Johnny http://www.webook.com/project/Johnnys-Dreams-4-Mr-Black