This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

A discussion to stoke your writing fire.
Posted: 3/25/2010 12:49 PM PST
well feedback in general would be good :)
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 3/25/2010 12:16 PM PST

Tkain
Things on WeBook are a bit different then if you were reading a paperback book. I find that on the computer its best to limit the chapters in length more then you would with pen and paper. Here is what I think works best, though I admit to exceeding it myself on my own projects. Prologue : < 1000 words Chapter 1 : 1000 - 2000 words Other Chapters : < 4000 words This is just a simple guideline not a hard and fast rule. I do find that the shorter chapters are easier to give feedback on then the longer ones. So if your looking for better feedback I would recomend shorter as better.

Posted: 3/25/2010 8:51 AM PST
Hi! I am still writing the first chapter, but I am confused as to how long it should be. On WeBook it looks much longer because its more narrow, compared to when I copied it over to OpenOffice (like word) it was like 5 pages. So how many pages should the chapters be? I am not so sure about how many chapters I really want just yet, so as of now I am kinda just writing, (the first chapter), so i dont know if the amount of chapters depends on the actual lenght! So basically 1. How long should the first chapter be? 2. How long should the other chapters be roughly? 3. Whats a good number of pages to have roughly in a chapter, ( i know its like the second one)? Please read my book so far, and leave feedback, that might help anwser my questions too because maybe by reading it, it will make more sense? THANKS!