This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

WEbook Forums > Bulletin Board > Report Bugs > Posting Problems, Exporting, Save Drafts glitchs ?
Something not working the way it should?  Let us know here.
Posted: 1/23/2014 5:56 PM PST
Lydia - try highlighting all of the text in the WEbook box and then reformatting it in the browser (it has the same functionality that Word does, it just doesn't always translate from one to the other) and always paste into the "Paste From Word" box. Should solve the problem, and don't worry about professionalism. Last month's challenge winner - NJ_Wade - had the same problem and her writing was exceptional enough that even if what I just told you (and her) hadn't fixed the issues, she would have still won (I would assume).
That said, always go for quality. And welcome to WEbook. It truly is the finest site for writers ever created...
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 1/23/2014 7:30 AM PST

hlk88

Hi LydiaDrake,

Could you give us some more information about exactly what type of formatting errors you are experiencing, and what program you are pasting them from?

I've just tried to replicate the issue in Firefox (version 26.0) by pasting from MS word, using the 'Paste from Word' function on the toolbar above where you enter your text, and I haven't seen an issue with formatting (I used a mixture of Bold Italic and Underlined formatting, along with mixing hard and soft returns).

Posted: 1/23/2014 7:17 AM PST
I use Mozilla - Firefox when working on my WeBook project so there is compatibility between browser and WeBook software.  I am able to copy and insert with WB program, but the page format is mixed up.  I thought maybe the bad weather in the east was the problem.  Sadly, that is not the case.  I use a standard manuscript format for all of my professional writing tasks..  I have thought WeBook was a truly fine site to share the work of writers.  However, this glitch is making it hard to keep the professional touch to my work.  It must frustrate many of the writers.  I have read posts about this issue that are over a year and a half old.  What is the problem?   DixieAnn Tietje   aka  Lydia Drake 

Posted: 10/15/2013 1:58 AM PDT

hlk88

Hi ValsparinDragon,

This sounds suspiciously like you might be encountering a browser compatibility issue. We suggest using Firefox, Chrome or Safari for the best WEbook experience. We are aware of some browser compatibility issues with Internet Explorer, so while we try to fix these, you should try to use one of the alternative, suggested browsers.

If you still find that you are encountering problems, please email support@webook.com, and someone there will be able to help you further.

H

Posted: 10/13/2013 8:54 PM PDT
Alright... Here we go, these are the problems I have been having.  1. When I export to Microsoft word and finish writing every thing, then I copy and past it on to the save draft area, it wont let me DO any thing to it ! save it or post for feed back.
2. after I was done re writing every thing on Webook, and posted it. it came up all squished together. no enters or tabs.
3.I saved the draft got off then got back on and it was GONE!... and now I half to write every thing again for the 2 time .
  I have never had this much trouble writing on a computer before.  Please can some one help me !?