This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

WEbook Forums > The Genre Café > Romance > How does this sound?
Romance
Posted: 1/29/2016 4:37 AM PST

I´ve started writing a book about a girl who moves to a different country and meets, gets and then loses the love of her life to his insecurities about his disability and her fight to find her way back to him. The book is in journal form from her point of view. This is a section from it... please let me know what you think?  

I fell in love with him slowly and then all at once. Everyone thought I was going crazy because they all thought he was no good for me but I fell for the parts of him that no one else got to see. I saw the other side of him, the softer side, the side he doesn't want people to see. Deep down he's just a scared little boy that's terrified of what the future holds for him, I saw it in his eyes, behind his smile. If I could make it all better, I would in a heartbeat. He's become more important to me than anyone could ever imagine and I just want all of it, even the parts of him that's he's tried to throw away, the parts he's convinced no one could ever love. All I want to do is make him happy, protect him, save him while there's still someone left to save. But I guess you can't save someone if they don't want to be saved and that is what's killing me inside, the fact that he keeps running and shutting me out. How can I prove to him that, if he still wants me, I'm in this for the long haul, that I'm not going anywhere, I'm here for him no matter what. That I'll never give up on him simply because I know I could never stop loving him.

Sign-Up or Login to Reply