This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

WEbook's superstore for talking shop: colons vs. semicolons; dialogue format; point of view.  And everything in between.
Posted: 8/24/2013 3:46 AM PDT

pdsa1
Yes it is allowed to be put in twice: However, placement is key. 

Sally and Nina shared the toys: there was a teddy bear, doll, cat, mouse and many more.

See I used 'and' twice in the same sentences it is allowed as long as you make it clear.

However:  using 'and' too many times in on sentence can get you a lower rating. 

I have a horrible feeling that people might disagree with this and that is fine and that is okay. 

.... Hmm, this is not good no wonder this is confusing. 

Hope this helps a little.
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 7/13/2013 8:53 AM PDT
Grammar is air tight in the class room, but once released into the wilds of Novel writing … things happen. “If you have to read the sentence twice to puzzle out the relationships indicated by the "and"s, you probably should rewrite the sentence.” Often the answer goes by 'ear'

Posted: 7/13/2013 7:09 AM PDT
My old grammar teacher would rant and rave, pull his hair out and dive off a cliff if I used the word and twice in a sentence. If you noticed I used 'and' twice in the previous sentence and it sounds natural to me. I searched many sources on the net for an answer. I use "The Blue Book of Grammar" and the "Purdue Owl". I did find it interesting that the 'Owl' use the word 'and' three times in the sentence describing it but I found no use for it. At "Ask.com" and got a mixed review. The answer that left me as confused as when I started was from a Phd in Business English. "Strictly speaking No, but acceptable". What the hell do you do with an answer like that. Any opinions?