This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

Your publishing industry superstore; discussion of current trends, helpful resources and websites, query letter tips, writing contest information, and all else related to this dynamic industry.
Posted: 1/11/2011 3:42 PM PST
Do you have Gmail? Because in my experience Gmail is by far the worst for fake addresses. In fact, there's actually a Google sponsored program for spamming people with Google-based get rich quick scams. The first thing I learned about Craig's List is: if the person responding to your ad has a Gmail account, don't bother. Maybe the agent has had similar experiences...
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 1/6/2011 8:24 PM PST
That sounds to me like a case by case thing. Gmail et al are so common these days, I dont think organizations filter them out - since most of the internet at large uses these fee email addresses, it would create a nightmare to auto-filter them. Probably the bounce you got back was a single agency with an overly protective sysadmin. YMMV

Posted: 12/30/2010 1:42 PM PST
How many of you have ‘disposable’ email addresses? Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo, etc.? This had never even occurred to me until about 5 minutes ago - but it’s possible for those of us using ‘disposable’ email addresses that our queries and submissions are never making it to where we send them. They may well be landing in junk mail folders. What brought it to my attention was a returned (or kicked back) email I sent this morning to an Agent. They have an auto-responder thing that kicks back ‘disposable’ email addresses to the sender, along with a short explanation that if this is the only email you have, please contact them via regular mail.