This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

WEbook Forums > WEbook's Writing Workshop > Illustrators and Artists > Children's book illustrator for hire
Perfect words without the perfect artwork? Meet your match in our illustrators forum.
Posted: 1/5/2011 6:42 PM PST
Hi Najah, I'm looking for an illustrator for a children's book I have written. It will involve detailed backgrounds, and some good creativity in characterization. It needs to be cartoonish animal characters with human mannerisms. The project will require 30 pages of full color, full scene and background illustrations. There is one two page spread illustration scene, of a very detailed circus with all the animals having fun. The project will need to be a flat rate bid for the entire book. I will retain all rights to the illustrations, but your name would be published as the illustrator if you were hired. I want the characters to be very cute and alive so children can fall in love them. I've seen your work on facebook and I'm impressed. Before we go any further, I need to ask what your ball park bid would be for this job. I am in the process of looking to hire an illustrator for this and collecting and comparing bids from professional illustrators. Thank you very much! Jessica
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 8/28/2010 6:05 PM PDT
Thanks Lee- I appreciate it. I really find joy when I finish a project and the author is happy with my work- it helps them get one step closer to getting their book finished and their dream of having their very own book reality. !!!!

Posted: 7/23/2010 9:56 AM PDT
I love your work. I will pass this on to the authors/writers that I know, NajahClem. Thank you for sharing your link with us!

Posted: 7/21/2010 6:03 AM PDT
Here is my new FB web address. For samples of my work please go to: www.facebook.com/kevahcreations

Posted: 6/11/2010 10:46 AM PDT
Najah , here. Current summer calender open for new illustration project opportunities. To tell you a bit about my style- i work with both acrylic paint and also collage. One of my specialties : embracing all ethnic styles and needs. I am updating my website portfolio and it should be ready in about another week to view, but for now u may simply e-mail me for samples of my work. Some samples may be found on Facebook: become a fan of : "Najah Clemmons Kevahcreations". Illustration has been my career for the past 8 years and I LOVE WHAT I DO. Looking forward to meeting up with aspiring new and seasoned authors who want to watch their work come to life in a visual way - completing the project and the dream !!!!