This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

Drum up support for a new WEbook writing group and connect to WEbookers with similar interests.
Posted: 3/9/2016 6:34 PM PST
I would love to join your group. We can manuscript swap and read each other's work.

If you are interested email me at jcelene@gmx.com
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 3/27/2015 5:48 PM PST
Yes, of course this sounds good.  It's a bit harder to make happen, though.  Clearly you cannot count on your friends or family to give you honest feedback.  You certainly can't count on yourself, because your brain will only see what you meant to write, not what you actually wrote (this is why a new reader can find typos or other errors in your work, even after you've searched through your pages over and over).  Finding a group is difficult.  It is easier to form one.

The best groups meet either face-to-face or via SKYPE.  This gives you real-time feedback, with the added advantage of facial and/or vocal cues.  When I build groups for this purpose, I always interview the prospective members to make sure that 1, their craft is sufficient, 2, that they are there for serious work on their craft, not just looking for a place to spout off about their latest cause, and 3, because they get you to produce on a regular schedule.

Just my thoughts.

Best of luck!

-r

Posted: 5/16/2014 2:35 AM PDT
Hey Brooke,

You could always try out the monthly challenge as a place to start with. Post a piece, make some feedback on others' work and then you should attract some attention to your own. Could win an i-pod too.

Good luck

Posted: 5/13/2014 6:21 AM PDT
I'm interested! Where do I sign up?

Posted: 11/15/2013 9:11 PM PST
I feel as though the way to be better writers if we get brutally honest - yet not petty or overtly mean - critiques. We help each other out. If someone comments on yours, you comment on theirs. Give honest and thoughtful feedback. Sounds good? :)