This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

A place for all your gory horror writing discussions.
Posted: 8/4/2013 10:30 AM PDT
I found that a great work. I can still remember the football stage scene, where the lights go out....
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 8/4/2013 10:28 AM PDT
I'm new to the site, so I'm still finding my way around. And yes I read most of his books.

Posted: 8/12/2011 6:22 AM PDT
I love James Herbert. His books are so great at just bringing out the depravity in people completely out of the blue. The Dark is my favorite. The Fog is my second favorite.

Posted: 10/23/2009 2:57 AM PDT
Haven't read any new Herbert in years. I thought his early books were a bit formulaic and schlocky, but he knows how to keep a story moving. I really liked The Magic Cottage, though, a genuinely classy book.

Posted: 5/29/2009 2:05 AM PDT
James Herbert is my favourite horror writer. My fave is the Dark, truly terryfying. The rats trilogy is also brilliant.

Posted: 5/16/2009 10:19 AM PDT
Yes I just read "A Turn of the Screw" and it chilled me to the bone as well. There is something about the way people wrote back in the day ...

Posted: 5/3/2009 2:30 PM PDT
Yeah i have. I just finished the magic cottage. It was a wonderful book and very well written. What is your fave of his?

Posted: 3/17/2009 9:08 AM PST
No, but try Henry James he wrote The Turn of the Screw a long time ago and it chilled me to the bone when I read it. The man knew the true meaning of horror. It's a little hard to read because of the way they wrote back then, but after I read it...I didn't even want to talk about it due to its implications.

Posted: 2/10/2009 7:21 AM PST

Dean_Draven
Anybody ever read James Herbert? Great British horror author.