This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

Fiction writers talk shop and discuss works in progress. All genres welcome!
Posted: 2/21/2017 5:22 AM PST
Finding the right content writer many a times proves to be quite tedious task as there are many of them available and it is difficult to classify the one with the best required skills. This demand for a good research which may take a lot of time. For this problem a live solution exists which is contentmart.com. With contentmart.com a client can easily find the best appropriate writer by viewing and analyzing the writing skills of the best writers, asking for samples and seeing their existing knowledge. It is a very easy job as, as soon as a client login and post his/her requirements the interested writers bid on the order. The client then can communicate and message any of these writers and find out the best one by asking for samples and viewing their portfolio. An easy message service is available which allows a comfortable communication between the client and the writer. More details about the project, and the content can be discussed freely. This is thus a wonderful platform as it becomes very easy for the client to find the best appropriate writer. Contentmart.com thus seemingly solves the biggest problems for content hires.
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 3/27/2015 1:35 PM PST
Hi, Stu

Look around.  Check out the news and see what's shaking the world up just now.  Since you have several races of alien, the idea of racial tension (and an opportunity to slyly reflect a bit on Earth culture), may be just the thing.

What I think is important is this: whatever you choose for your characters to do, make the reasons simple enough, and as much like "normal" human interactions as you can so your readers will be able to identify.

A common goal for all the races might also be a great place to start.  Perhaps a rogue sun is headed toward the political and financial center of a many-world civilization, and one small object, spoken of only in whispers on a remote, and savage planet, might be the one thing that can turn away violent death.

It has been noted that there aren't a lot of new ideas floating around, these days.  That said, there are a million ways to dress an old idea and make it new again.

Good luck!

-r

Posted: 3/22/2014 12:42 AM PST
Maybe you could have something happen where it forces all the different kinds of alien races to live on one planet, it would create a lot of conflict but also make it more interesting since they all now have to adapt to each other and survive the new threat or just fight against each other and kill off all the races. Plus with having to create the threat, you can have the story go in so many different directions that it would be more fun to write and a lot of fun for the reader to get into.

You're welcome for the help, happy writing!

LostClan_Leader

Posted: 12/30/2013 2:53 PM PST
Hi all..
New to this site..

Ive been writing my first book as a hobby for last couple of years on and off.. and actually built quite a good story line.  I have read to my children as dont have the knowledge to get it published! 

Anyway.. My prob is... I have built up a story, characters etc.. and now, dont know where to go with the story! and its frustrating me! 

The story is very fantasy orientated about aliens from many different planets.  I have described how each alien being lives on its planet etc.. and there is a hard storyline to it but now duno where to go with it!

Anyone done this before or have ideas to get my story moving again..

Thanks in advance
Stu