This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

A discussion to stoke your writing fire.
Posted: 12/1/2013 5:19 PM PST
Alec - this from the man who refuses to give me a sequel to Chaos Unleashed (before you get confused, Trig, that's the name of Alec's spectacular YA novel and not a reference to this thread's title)?
Trig - it's my experience that if you just write as much as you can - even if you hate it - you can always erase it the next day/morning/week. But, the act of writing it - no matter how good - might get you back into practice. I took a bit of time off recently and it took me a few weeks to get back into a groove (before I took the time off I was good for ten to fifteen pages a night) but you just can't do it unless you... As Alec suggested: Just do it. Just write, and eventually what comes out will make you happy. It's a discipline, and like any other you have to work at it and stay in practice.
Hope that helps.
- Finn
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 11/29/2013 2:49 AM PST
Hi Trig,

I'm a little confused, if you want to write do just that.

Obviously this is a bit blunt, but without details of why you can't do it, it is a little hard to comment.

Posted: 11/28/2013 11:10 AM PST
So I guess I can start with I use to love to write all the time but for some time now I haven't been able to write a single thing. I'm able to think up ideas but just can't seem to get it down on paper... Its killing me because this was the only way i could really get what i feel out there. Any tips or tricks would be very much appreciated.