This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

What's better than writing your masterpiece?  Putting it off until tomorrow.  Games, riddles, trivia, diversions, and other outlets of creative procrastination.
Posted: 12/16/2010 2:31 PM PST
No way. George has a ridiculous moustache. Not very Spartan. Not Spartan at all! And yes, we do hate. But without hate, internet forums would be very boring. All sycophancy and agreements. Boring! I'd have to say Emile is my favourite Reach character. He doesn't really care about winning the war, he just wants to kill.
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 11/22/2010 1:33 AM PST
jdlee and Dorchadas you make me laugh with your little argument, I actually read it all the way through. No-ones a hater until they start complaining about other haters or post on a thread that is designed for fans of the specific theme, oh wait... that makes you both haters...lol... I'm joking, :) Keep arguing, your keeping me entertained. ~Ben

Posted: 11/18/2010 6:49 PM PST
anyone here play halo reach? my fav character has to be George, big guy with the machine gun

Posted: 7/21/2010 12:48 AM PDT
It would be.

Posted: 7/20/2010 8:11 AM PDT
I don't know, I got lots of Tolkien books off eBay for almost nothing once. They didn't arrive for a whole month though, which was a bit annoying.

Posted: 7/20/2010 1:59 AM PDT
Too expensive on eBay. Order them through any bookstore. Easier and cheaper.

Posted: 7/18/2010 3:54 PM PDT
You can buy online without paypal, you know. On eBay. Which is the most likely place to have them anyway.

Posted: 7/18/2010 4:56 AM PDT
if it involves in buying online, i can't because i don't have paypal. but i'll try and see if i can get the book from my mum's work. but thanks for your suggestions.

Posted: 7/17/2010 3:02 PM PDT
Amazon has them. So does Barnes and Noble.com.

Posted: 7/7/2010 11:44 PM PDT
thanks mate!

Posted: 7/3/2010 11:35 AM PDT
Amazon, probably... I'll have a look around for you...

Posted: 7/3/2010 6:09 AM PDT
where can you get the books anyway? sorry for arguing with you before but i really, really need to know where the books are. please????

Posted: 6/28/2010 8:56 AM PDT
I'm definetly a geek. With bad spelling, since I still get my -ly words wrong. I've read all the Halo books. They are the only fanfic that interests me. Eric Nylund wrote most of them. He is the writer for Gears of War too. Not the books, the game storyline. Gears has a number of graphic novels. I'm not that interested in those.

Posted: 6/27/2010 7:39 PM PDT
Halo fans aren't geeks. Well, maybe most of them are. You don't have to be a fan to enjoy the game, though. When there's nothing better to do.

Posted: 6/21/2010 8:40 PM PDT
the Unggoys? yeh, i like them too. especially whenever i turn the skull on, they say hilarious lines.

Posted: 6/21/2010 2:35 PM PDT
I like the grunt things, fekin awsome to shoot at as target practice.

Posted: 6/21/2010 9:47 AM PDT
But I am a Halo fan. What is your point?

Posted: 6/20/2010 8:55 PM PDT
and that includes everyone else that posts random messages. this is the second time i've posted something and you think i'm stupid? This topic is for Halo fans, not people who think that fans are geeks!

Posted: 6/18/2010 3:03 AM PDT
That's funny. I'm the only person on the thread that even likes the game, and you attack me instead of anyone else. That's stupid. You're stupid.

Posted: 6/17/2010 8:40 PM PDT
would you guys just shut up? Dorchadas, why r u even writing on here? I posted something for people to see and write a simple comment. Now why not you just go get a life and leave? everyone else on here is telling you to get a life, so why not you?

Posted: 6/12/2010 2:24 PM PDT
It's slightly flattened at the poles, yes, but that doesn't really affect the situation.

Posted: 6/12/2010 1:54 PM PDT
The Earth isn't a sphere, either. But close enough.

Posted: 6/12/2010 1:49 PM PDT
There is a mistake in the first Halo game, you know. When they first fly over the inside of the ring, a massive swirling hurricane can be seen. Spiralling weather systems are formed by the Coriolis Effect, which is caused by the winds being deflected by the rotation of a spherical planet. The ring, however, is not spherical in the same way as the Earth is, so the formation we see is in fact impossible, something which the graphics designers overlooked. I noticed that myself. I'm not sure exactly how storms would form on a Halo, the ring doesn't curve longitudinally, but it does curve latterally, suggesting that the storms would be elongated, wide sausage shaped things. I'm not really sure.

Posted: 6/12/2010 1:34 PM PDT
EXACTLY! :O

Posted: 6/11/2010 12:42 PM PDT
"C'mon guys, lets provoke the massive sea monster on our way to Ireland by shooting all the arrows we need to defeat the locals into it, wait until it bleeds to death, then slowly drag it back to Scandiavia by rowing against the wind with a rope around it so that when we get back to port we can watch it rot, all this time not being the ancestors of Dorchadas anyway." -_-

Posted: 6/11/2010 11:45 AM PDT
But it can be done. Would take forever, though.

Posted: 6/10/2010 9:32 AM PDT
Immigrants from the North were Vikings. Not my ancestors. They built the cities, then we whooped them. They couldn't kill a whale either. Most of them didn't go out to sea unless they were slaving and invading. Not the best time to catch a whale. Boats weren't big enough to carry one, no decks, so harpooning one would just end up flooding the boat and getting everyone iced. And not only would an arrow not kill a whale (all that blubber acts like a bulletproof vest) but throwing one would be a bit like killing an antelope with a discus. Stupid, that is,

Posted: 6/9/2010 3:22 PM PDT
Well Vikings and immigrants from the north the ones I told you stole and sold people. well they probably threw and arrow at it...they weren't dumb. thanks for the food suggestions though! :)

Posted: 6/9/2010 1:30 PM PDT
Hahahahahahahahaha. How would a bunch of people who hadn't even invented decks catch a whale. Wait eagerly on the shore until one washed up! Burgers sausages, etcetera are generally good for barbeques. Can't really imagine what else. No salad! That's for nancy boys.

Posted: 6/9/2010 12:12 PM PDT
Okay. I'm having a what do you call thoses things...um...Oh a bar-b-que. What should I have??

Posted: 6/9/2010 12:10 PM PDT
Food.

Posted: 6/9/2010 12:09 PM PDT
Ah well then what are we to talk about.

Posted: 6/9/2010 12:07 PM PDT
Understood.

Posted: 6/9/2010 12:06 PM PDT
No apologies needed I've just had a bloggers break. Can't really think of anything.

Posted: 6/9/2010 12:04 PM PDT
Sorry for ranting.

Posted: 6/9/2010 12:03 PM PDT
Ah. I too. I too. :(

Posted: 6/9/2010 12:01 PM PDT
Dorchadas tried in a previous life, but he's too chicken to try real writing. He plays it safe. And he's too ignorant to know what an insult for a writer those four words are. He'd be better than James Joyce, if he had to courage to be. I hate seeing potential wasted.

Posted: 6/9/2010 11:56 AM PDT
Oh. I appeciate the help...but that was a bit out of line ,no? But that was very degrading of you dorchadas. here i throw out a truce. Has any of you actually written anything on webook....i'll go check

Posted: 6/9/2010 11:54 AM PDT
Hahaha! You'd know that from personal experience, though, wouldn't you? An Irish cow looks amazingly like a dog. Oops, sorry, I didn't mean to insult your mum.

Posted: 6/9/2010 11:52 AM PDT
!!!! I do not eat DOGS! Damn you Dorchadas. Do you eat bloody damn whales??? I should hope not but some of your ancestors did. Just because some do it doesn't mean others do too.

Posted: 6/9/2010 11:48 AM PDT
Never had steak? I guess there isn't enough meat on dogs for that.

Posted: 6/9/2010 11:48 AM PDT
I've never had it.. :(

Posted: 6/9/2010 11:47 AM PDT
You likee steakee?

Posted: 6/9/2010 11:31 AM PDT
I believe it.

Posted: 6/9/2010 11:28 AM PDT
Steak today. :)

Posted: 6/9/2010 11:27 AM PDT
Don't you have a burger to eat?

Posted: 6/9/2010 11:25 AM PDT
Look at what's--who's--back. It Dorchadas, the Irish cabbage. :)

Posted: 6/9/2010 11:22 AM PDT
Washing your filthy ponchos, beatniks.

Posted: 6/9/2010 11:21 AM PDT
ugh. your such a hater Dorchadas. never did take you for but you surely have proved me wrong. Stars above but where have you been though? :)

Posted: 6/9/2010 11:20 AM PDT
You two would make good hippies. Useless, dirty and able to lower house prices with your very presence.

Posted: 6/9/2010 11:06 AM PDT
Well said. :) ♥

Posted: 6/9/2010 11:03 AM PDT
No death is worthy, unless it's saving someone you love from death.

Posted: 6/9/2010 10:57 AM PDT
I suppose. it sounds like a worthy death.

Posted: 6/9/2010 10:55 AM PDT
Hope that's okay.

Posted: 6/9/2010 10:53 AM PDT
Oh. Alright then?

Posted: 6/9/2010 10:42 AM PDT
Hmmm, no. I've seen that story before. It ends with a slasher slaying everone.

Posted: 6/9/2010 9:53 AM PDT
He's just jealous that ...nevermind. Well shall we form a hippie circle then lol ;)

Posted: 6/9/2010 9:51 AM PDT
Hahahaha!

Posted: 6/9/2010 9:49 AM PDT
Diddo. :)

Posted: 6/9/2010 9:42 AM PDT
Eew.

Posted: 6/9/2010 9:40 AM PDT
I think it's yellow!

Posted: 6/9/2010 9:25 AM PDT
And step in Irish cow poop. Is it green or brown?

Posted: 6/8/2010 3:28 PM PDT
*snore* "Lets all be friends and dance in a circle, to bring the rain, then pick wildflowers in the meadow"

Posted: 6/8/2010 2:18 PM PDT
Okay, then. :)

Posted: 6/8/2010 2:18 PM PDT
gud. :) I'd like that.

Posted: 6/8/2010 2:17 PM PDT
Just surprised. I don't want to be your mum or dad, just your friend.

Posted: 6/8/2010 2:15 PM PDT
i can't fall asleep. but I took two sleepy pills you know just waiting for it to kick in. Sides what do you care, you sound like my mum. lol :) Thanks.

Posted: 6/8/2010 2:12 PM PDT
It will. I thought you were going to sleep.

Posted: 6/8/2010 2:11 PM PDT
Yes. Oh and it should say I'm a secret assasin as my day job. :)

Posted: 6/8/2010 1:58 PM PDT
You bet.

Posted: 6/8/2010 12:50 PM PDT
Do I get a member ship card?? :)

Posted: 6/8/2010 12:32 PM PDT
Welcome to the club.

Posted: 6/8/2010 12:13 PM PDT
*confused...

Posted: 6/8/2010 12:13 PM PDT
I'm confised. :(

Posted: 6/8/2010 6:45 AM PDT
You let it get to you there. I'll print screen this, and stick it all over your sleepy little town.

Posted: 6/7/2010 5:49 PM PDT
I'm just glad you're back and that we're chatting again. :)

Posted: 6/7/2010 5:48 PM PDT
Sad little lad. I don't hate anyone, least of all you. You just want to mess with me and I could care less.

Posted: 6/7/2010 12:53 PM PDT
Oh hater-man, where you gonna run to?

Posted: 6/7/2010 12:25 PM PDT
I DON'T HATE THE BLOODY GAME!!! (SHEESH hold on to your panties will you!) I simpley suck at playing it. My character is a spartan. It's Red, grey, and black. My eblem is that one picture when The sword looks as if it sprouts wings, you know? But I don't have bloody X-box live at the bloody moment and the fact that i can't play states that i haven't gotten very far in it to determine wether or not I have a favorite character. Now that thats in order.... :)

Posted: 6/7/2010 4:46 AM PDT
I have no idea what you guys are on about but this topic is just for people who like characters from the games. If you hate playing the game, then why the hell are you posting those messages? Or why are you playing the game in the first place?

Posted: 6/7/2010 12:56 AM PDT
Call to Duty is okay. So's Halo. I just enjoy watching Dorchadas self-destruct. Bazinga, Dorchadas. You've fallen for one of Dr. Cooper's classic pranks. ;)

Posted: 6/6/2010 4:17 PM PDT
i am not a hater as in i wish i too were a fan but in where i hate the game. I love call of duty though perhaps i should make a thread of that??

Posted: 6/6/2010 2:34 PM PDT
I still don't understand this. Why would you feel the need to say that on a thread obviously created by a Halo fan, for a Halo fan? The only explanation is that you are both haters. The first step to hater recovery is admitting it. Denial only digs a greater hole, that you will eventually have to climb out of anyway.

Posted: 6/6/2010 9:26 AM PDT
Shall i break up this little tiffy? your both quite the hilarious couple with your infantile arguments. i hate halo as well for millions of reasons.

Posted: 6/6/2010 4:47 AM PDT
Then prove it.

Posted: 6/5/2010 10:30 PM PDT
No, I'm not. And neither are you. That would fall to themaster.

Posted: 6/5/2010 1:38 PM PDT
You are a fool.

Posted: 6/5/2010 1:33 PM PDT
How juvenile you can be, Dorchadas. You're letting yout childish emotions run wild. Oh! Sorry. I should've realised it was your time of the month. Please forgive me.

Posted: 6/5/2010 1:23 PM PDT
See, another example of classic hater behaviour. Making a statement, but refusing to back it up with a valid argument. Just like a child.

Posted: 6/5/2010 1:19 PM PDT
No, I'm not. But you are, Sadly so.

Posted: 6/4/2010 1:36 PM PDT
You ARE a hater. Because a non-hater would have realised they don't like Halo, but would have realised that all the other commentators do, and would have simply held their tongue, instead of spreading their hate, like an out-of-date chocolate spread.

Posted: 6/4/2010 1:09 PM PDT
No, I'm not. I love my fellow man. I love women more. Much more.

Posted: 6/4/2010 1:08 PM PDT
No, you hate Halo because you are a hater.

Posted: 6/4/2010 12:57 PM PDT
I hate Halo because it's boring.

Posted: 6/3/2010 4:39 PM PDT
this'll probably debt me credit but i hate halo for i play it poorly...though i do enjoy c.o.d

Posted: 6/3/2010 2:27 PM PDT
I like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiEfedy_iwk (Quality could be a bit iffy) And this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WedRDYmtvX4 And this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfRLrVhypns And of course, this, (sXe hXc): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxMV-jJEShA (Pretty funny vid) Maybe a bit of this too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLHj-eekdNU

Posted: 6/3/2010 1:14 PM PDT
Cool. I like Bernhard Herman's music.

Posted: 6/3/2010 6:50 AM PDT
Trivium suck. Lets talk about music.

Posted: 6/3/2010 1:53 AM PDT
How trivial.

Posted: 6/2/2010 2:05 PM PDT
How witty.

Posted: 6/2/2010 12:57 AM PDT
My favorite Halo characters? Any that have died.

Posted: 3/24/2010 6:27 PM PST
Offensive bias. The Flood controlled one.

Posted: 3/24/2010 6:27 PM PST
The Monitor was pretty cool too. And 432 Penitent Tangent. And all the other constructs. Like Medicant Bias and its evil twin/half programme.

Posted: 3/19/2010 10:38 AM PST
the arbiter hands down . although the "don't make me take of my belt!" by johnson was pritty good . and just listening to how many times a group of elits say "brother" is wonderfully funny . i also like the noises hunters make . although the best line was graveminds "empty grave ..." at the end in halo 3 he starts reciting poetry? and i know this is of topic but in the first halo the way the elites would laugth when you died .... wow ...

Posted: 2/27/2010 11:51 PM PST
But you have to hear the funny lines or quotes with the IWHBYD skull. It's on the level, "The Covenant."

Posted: 2/9/2010 1:55 AM PST
Yeah, i know. I think the must funniest line i had ever heard on halo 3 was "If the Demon takes off our backs and humps us with his big, demony butt! We deserve it, hahaha!" I loved that line.

Posted: 2/8/2010 12:07 PM PST
The grunts, they have the best lines!

Posted: 2/7/2010 5:48 AM PST
Yeah, I know, but she isn't as cool. Plus she is older, by four years.

Posted: 2/6/2010 7:51 PM PST
I bet a lot of guys would agree with you there. But there was a scientist named Dr. Catherine Hasley. Her brain was made to create Cortana. So, yeah.

Posted: 1/25/2010 11:02 AM PST
I haven't played Halo in so long. I guess when I used to play it I would have said Cortana, since she is as hot as a compter game is ever going to get, and I secretly want to be a robot.

Posted: 1/24/2010 6:53 PM PST
Who or what is your favourite character in both Halo 2 and 3? Say who or what it is and tell us why they are your favourite. My favourite character has to be the Arbiter because he used to be the Commander of particular justice.