This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

A discussion to stoke your writing fire.
Posted: 8/5/2009 2:18 PM PDT
I never tried to get comments when I did, and I didn't try to get to be a top writer. All I did was write for myself, and when someone else was interested in it, they commented on it and reviewed it. However, I do find it is much easier to get comments if you have commented on someone else's story. Sort of like returning the favor, you know?
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 8/2/2009 5:32 PM PDT
Try reading other people's stories and giving them comments. Get your name out there. Readers can't find you if they don't know you're there. It may take a while, so don't get discouraged. You just might find someone who really likes your work and religiously reads it (I have one of those :P). Voting is a completely different thing. You have to wait until they have a voting cycle, then you submit your story. People then can find you on the list of votees (or, if they already know you're story, they might come back) and vote for you if they like. Remember that the votes are not the only deciding factor on if you'll get published or not.

Posted: 8/2/2009 12:27 PM PDT
People have to find your story try commenting on other peoples work first that might makes then inspired to comment your work. Authors make friends with other Authors because they where a reader first. Other then that i think it's in the guidelines that gives you that.

Posted: 8/1/2009 1:44 AM PDT
I'm new to this site and very excited about it. I was almost caught in a publishing scam recently and it's made me very nervous about all things on line but I like the look of this place and I think it will help build my confidence again. My dream has always been to get a book published and this seems a great step to take in that direction. Once you have posted a story how do you get people to comment so you can get it onto that board thing where people can click on it and comment and vote?