This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

A discussion to stoke your writing fire.
Posted: 12/22/2008 8:47 PM PST
Well the thing about the familiars is that they act as servant and advisors for their masters. Also the abilities that most familiars have are different then the others with a few exceptions (I'd say more but then I'd be giving some possible plot devises away). And because I said that they act as advisors then yes they do talk, but only to their respective masters. They also do sometimes interact with one another but their own personality depends on what their master's is like. So if their master doesn't like someone then most of the time they might react hostile to that person, but they are capable of thinking on their own. Oh and since I haven't said what The Guardians are like I yet so here are the personality traits. Life (tomboyish, bold) Is the most hyper member of the Guardians, very energetic and childish at times, knew Death before he became a Beast Courage (Proud, Tough-guy attitude, stubborn) Boast a lot, short tempered, friendly but is often found annoying, has a authoritative voice when serious. Hope (innocent attitude, shy) Is the youngest member of the Guardians but also it's leader, looks up too Courage like a brother, can be very determined and resourceful when needed. Wisdom (calm, patient, understanding) obviously very smart, spends lots of time studying, observant, is very careful about choses. Bond (Charismatic, friendly) sympathetic, talkative, likes to help others when ever possible, very loyal to allies Bliss (carefree, playful, lazy) An artistic member of the group, spends most of the time goofing off or doing something of personal interest, take naps a lot when suppose to be working, remains the most calm under peruser.
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 12/20/2008 9:58 PM PST
The question is, do you want the animals to be called to the personality or the position? Also, do you want them to balance their partner or enhance the characteristics that are already there? What kind of affect will the animals have on the characters? Are they just familiars, something to draw power from, and guard the character? Are they the form the characters take? Or do they have personalites of their own? Do they talk? To whom? Sorry, that was probably rude, to ask for details like that before you're ready to do the first chapter. Anyway, what comes to mind when I try to meld the personalites you've given with their Character(?), is... (since Death is a Raven, that will affect Fear and Pain, considering their interactions) Fear: Pain: he reminds me of the jaguar from 'The Jungle Book' only all grown up (also cats don't really get along with birds, and a strong bird would be seen as a threat of retribution for all birds killed by cats) Hate: Hate kind of sounds like a bear to me, if he were greedy, I'd definitely say a bear, but could also be Insanity: smart and twitchy? definately a rat person Bloodlust: He likes the fight, but he wants comrades, I'd say he would get along with a hungry wolf. You seem to be focusing more on the Beasts than the Gaurdians, so I'm afraid I'll be of very little use to you on that front. Wisdome: since I don't know what kind of personality you're thinking of for this character, all I can tell you is that owls are the most recognized animalistic symbol for wisdom, mostly thanks to the Romans (Athena) Hope: I don't really know about Hope, but I can give you something to keep in mind "though Hope is frail, it's hard to kill" Love/Friendship: Again, I don't know what kind of personality is behind the character, but if you could find a 'herd' animal that mates for life, that would probably be a safe bet

Posted: 12/20/2008 7:28 PM PST
Well something else I forgot to say about Insanity is that although he acts psychotic he is also one of the smarter members of the Beast.

Posted: 12/18/2008 5:50 PM PST
Wake- In an earlier post you said that the person for insanity would be all twitchy and drooling and stuff well that seems kind of crude.You don't have to use this but i was thinking like a sadistic killer who is given to fits of fantasy. Just a thought.

Posted: 12/15/2008 9:51 PM PST
Fallowing what was said in the last post I've decided to change Clarity to Bliss Since that would probably make more sense and I'm Also naming Love/Friendship as Bond to shorten it out. (as in a bond of friendship or whatever else you'd call it... and no not as in James Bond.) Also is my current list of what I've chosen for some of the characters Beast Pain- Viper Hate- Insanity- Bloodlust- Hyena Guardians Courage- Hope- swan Wisdom- Bond- Bliss- And as Gaia_Darkstar said, I don't want to use a lion unless I have to, because It seems over done. As for the wolf Idea, I tend to use wolves a lot in my writings (counting the ones I haven't posted yet) and it would be to repetitive of me if I used that Idea in this one too. Thanks for your support though, I'll wait just while longer before I post the first chapter.

Posted: 12/12/2008 7:53 AM PST
People had some good ideas but some things are just assosiated with each other. The first thing people think of when you say courage is most likely going to be a lion and a dove is peace. Wisdom is almost always associated with the owl. Isn't clarity the same as wisdom, it's hard to seperate those two. Pain I like the viper for that, it is cunning though so maybe the wasp is good too. Hate-I don't kow what animal could really fit this since no animal truly hates Insanity I first thought of a chameleon here because it is constantly changing but I don't know if it really shows insanity. Bloodlust For this I agree that a vulture suits this best. Vultures feed on the carcasses of the dead and so do Hyenas but they could also be considered insane because of their "laughing" Guardians: Courage lion like I said before Hope I like the swan for this it is even significant that it's legs are flailing underneath because hope floats but we struggle to maintain it. Love/Friendship a dog is said to be mans best friend I can't think of any other animal that is as close to this ideal than a dog. Wisdom has to be the owl Clarity(calm) I like the eagle idea. I don't know how calm they are but they certainly are magestic. and have extremely keen vision.

Posted: 12/10/2008 10:20 AM PST
Ok I've decided on wha Pain is going to have, I am going with the idea that he will have a snake.

Posted: 12/8/2008 5:00 AM PST
Beast: Pain:- A Wasp - Its Continuing Ability To Sting, Means It Thrives At Granting Pain. Hate:- A Talonless Eagle - For It Build Up So Much Hate, That Even Tho It Cannot Harm As Much, It Is Still Willing To Try. Insanity:- A Sewer Rat - Living In The Dark And Damp, Losing Its Mind. Bloodlust:- A Vulture - Its Hunt For The Blood, Stalking Those Soon To Die. Guardians: Courage:- A Dolphin - Mammal Of The Sea, Fears Nothing And Protects Its Pod. Hope:- A Nightingale - It Sweet Song Gives Hope To All Those Around. Love/Friendship:- A Penguin - One Of The Few Animals In The World That Is Known To Spend A Lifetime With A Partner. Wisdom:- A Pig - Humble In Its Knowledge, But If Listened To, Knows More Than Its Worth. Clarity(calm):- An Elephant - For Due To Its Over Compensating Size, It Feels Safe, And Is Comfortable In Its Gentle Ways.

Posted: 12/7/2008 12:23 PM PST
I'm glad to have your suggestions so far, and I am close to make a decision on some. But I'm going to give it a few more days to hear some more suggestions. Also I think it would be good if I told you some of the decided personalities that I have given these guys and how some of them act. Beast: Death (quite, angry, calculating, mysterious) Is annoyed and some what disgusted by the other Beast, especially with Pain. Fear (ominous, dark leader attitude) Is the master of the Beast faction, has a relentless and firm resolve, constantly has to play referee with Death and Pain. Pain (sadistic, arrogant) enjoys watch others suffer, Some times abuses his powers, tends to argue with Death. Hate (short tempered, very aggressive) constantly tries to pick fights with others, has a great dislike for anything in general, very stubborn Insanity (psychotic, rabid) drools and twitches a lot, acts like a drug addict Bloodlust (battle crazed, violent) likes to jump the gun, enjoys fighting, tries to be friendly with the others That's how the beast act, I will post the guardians personalities later. Oh and NyteZ... about my chocolate.... MINE!!! (Drops into a crouch while holding chocolate to cheat, starts snarling and foaming at the mouth... yes thats kinda how Insanity acts at times)

Posted: 12/6/2008 11:00 PM PST
Pain is the spider that weaves webs of deceit in your heart, Hate is the hawk that stalks without prejudice Insanity is the rabid wolf that kills alone in the snow Bloodlust is the oxpecker that seeks delight through gore. Courage is the meek lion or the nervous turtle, Hope is the flight of a baby bird Love is the friendship of a loyal dog Wisdom is the owl which watches all night Clarity is the eagle that sees everything I don't know what to write, so yeah... And character ideas? I love creating dark, brooding, insane characters based off of symbolistic things. Pain? Try something along the lines of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. Hate? Sasuke Uchiha. Or maybe a tartar- kind of person. Insanity: well, I was thinking of me, or maybe Night. A little more extreme than Night, tho. Maybe some sort of psycho-druggie type... Yeah, like me...Bloodlust. I immediately think "Vampire", but how about someone who's anemic and needs blood? Idk. The rest? Well, if you need anymore tips, feel free to message meh. I suck with goody characters (Have u noticed that all my characters are borderline emo/insane?) I could try, but I won't guarantee a happy result. And that migraine. Yeah, I have one now. I hate you for making me think. Now, I get to steal ur chocolate. Hehe, good luck with the story!!

Posted: 12/6/2008 8:34 PM PST
Beast: Pain~Bear Hate~Scorpion Insanity~Moth Bloodlust~serpent Guardians: Courage~ Wolf Hope~Koi Love/Friendship~Butterfly Wisdom~cat/ lynx /panther Clarity(calm)~Owl

Posted: 12/6/2008 10:48 AM PST
Thanks these seem like good choices.

Posted: 12/6/2008 5:07 AM PST
Pain - cobra Hate - Insanity - Bloodlust - Courage - lion Hope - Love/friendship - swan Wisdom - owl Clarity (calm) - horse Hope these help. I've drawn a blank for the other emotions :)

Posted: 12/5/2008 11:56 PM PST
I've been thinking of a new story idea and need help on some things that would go in with it. It takes place during modern times with two forces fighting with each other secretly behind human society. The two sides are The Atlas Guardians of Salvation and The Atlas Beast of Destruction. I have a good plot line coming along but my problem is that I'm missing some bits of detail. One of the things I am missing is that each of these being's are suppose to have a familiar. So far i've only come up with three. The beast of death has a raven, the beast of terror has a bat, and guardian of life has a dove. Here are the overs I need Beast: Pain Hate Insanity Bloodlust Guardians: Courage Hope Love/Friendship Wisdom Clarity(calm) Those are the ones I need help with finding a pet sidekick for, and maybe a few other character ideas. They are all based off of human emotions and what they feel. If anyone could please give me some ideas then i'd really appreciate it.