This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

A discussion to stoke your writing fire.
Posted: 9/30/2009 3:11 AM PDT
This sounds fantastic! <3 <3 <33333 musicals! And with the amount of talent on this website, I reckon we would could create a hit. Count me in :D
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 9/22/2009 1:43 PM PDT
This is a brilliant idea. I have tried writing scripts a few times, but not sure i wrote them right lol. Count me in definately Sarah :-)

Posted: 8/6/2009 6:23 PM PDT
I think it would be a great idea! I'm a lyricist myself. Though I could try script writing (don't know why I haven't before, I' m a drama freak :P) Count me in!

Posted: 7/31/2009 1:44 PM PDT
That is an excellent idea! It'll take a LOT of work and there will be a lot of disagreements, but I think in the end you could have something amazing. I say go for it!

Posted: 7/29/2009 6:25 PM PDT
Fabulous idea! They did it w/ "Mamma Mia", didn't they? Took a bunch of old ABBA songs, listed them rather randomly, and created a scene to fit each piece. ANDREW Loyd Weber does it differently....takes an antique and creates new music. I LOVE your idea, bennyboi...as Gary Lewis & the Playboys once said, "Count Me In"!

Posted: 6/21/2009 2:19 PM PDT
Hmmm, not sure, might be a good idea. Its just another random thought that has come into my head. So here it is - I thought that it would be a great idea to write a musical, SO, it has to be written in the form of a script too. I was thinking that maybe we could gather lyric writers, some script writers, then see what they come up with. To begin with I could start a group, where we discuss plot, music type, lyrics and then inaly characters in detail. Once the group of writers and lyric writers has agreed on the plot etc, we will start the writing, takin each chapter at a time where people submit their version of the scene in. The lyric writers will then write a song that is about what is happening in the first chapter of someones work, when we have gone through all of the musical I will pick certain things from what people have come up with, then piece them together, messaging a member of the group to write that part out, or if not I will. Like I said its just an idea - probably won't happen - let me know what you think... or if you would like to help out. But don't abuse my idea, I know it seems far fetched, but anyhting is possible if people are willing, dedicated and love writing... ~Ben