This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

WEbook Forums > WEbook's Writing Workshop > The Reality Check: Q & A > What's the name of this job title?
What do folks in England eat for breakfast?  How do you milk a giraffe?  What types of cases go to the Supreme Court?  Can you break a car window with a thermos?  Use this Q & A forum to help supply your characters, plots, and settings with a dose of reality.  Someone, somewhere, has the answer.
Posted: 4/21/2011 9:58 AM PDT
My daughter worked in three movies and a TV series in New Orleans. All small parts. The person that found her the work was called a casting agent or talent agent. They took a small cut of the pay.
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 2/4/2011 10:56 PM PST

Beruthiel
Yes - that would be fine.

Posted: 2/4/2011 10:56 PM PST

Beruthiel
Yes - that would be fine.

Posted: 2/4/2011 3:56 PM PST
Thank you! So I would refer to the job title as "Talent Scout ..? Example: "That's my ride, Vince, he used to be a talent scout once, now he just drives cabs..."

Posted: 2/3/2011 4:12 PM PST

Beruthiel
Tha agent is a person hired by aspiring axtors and actresses, to help thethem up.m find work. These usually have an a bundance of would-be clients, they don't have to go looking for them! That said, if they spot someone with notable talent, they will probably try to sign them up. A talent scout's job is to go to performances, looking for unsigned talent. (also to matches/games, for sports professinals)

Posted: 1/29/2011 8:33 PM PST
What do you call a person who finds or discovers actors/actreses? Talent agent? Scout?