This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

Your one and only place in the forums to introduce your project.  Include enough information in your overview to make us say, "Hey, I've got to put down my cheesburger, turn off the TV, and read this."  Include a link for easy access.
Posted: 1/26/2010 3:26 AM PST
Oh, and sorry about asking for feedback there, it just kind of flowed on from the first half trying to get people to read it primarily :P
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 1/26/2010 3:10 AM PST
Hello everyone at WeBook, This week I stumbledupon (not a spelling error) this lovely site, and the timing couldn't have been better. I started this little project of mine a week or so ago, and my friends have been loving it, but I had no way of getting it out there to people (no one ever reads blogs unless it's mentioned on digg or something). So first off, thank you for letting this site exist! More to business now. My project here, Killing With A Smile, follows Michael Dundridge, a man sick of his life and ready for a change, no matter how morbid. The story kicks off somewhere in the middle, with Michael standing alone in an incredibly decrepit room with a grossly disfigured corpse (think somehting along the lines of the Saw films). After some fleshing out of his background, the first real incident occurs, where he loses his job in a spectacular fashion, and soon after making a resolve to live a life of incredible notoriety shrouded in absolute anonymity. This leads to darker and darker pursuits eventually winding up with him in the pursuit of trying to commit murder. Please read what I have (http://www.webook.com/project/Killing-With-A-Smile). I currently only have the first four chapters done, but I think it's a good indication of where it's going. I'm trying to throw in some black humour, but when I re-read it, I can't help but think it would be missed. Could someone please tell me what they think and how it could be improved? The other things I'm trying to utilise in the tale is a) breaking the fourth wall a bit and b)Naming all the chapters after songs and somehow referring to them in said chapter. a) is the more influential of the two as it has bearing on the story. Michael hears a voice he calls "Mr. A(uthor)", which is mainly used to describe things to the reader (mainly as another way to emphasise the importance of certain events). b) is really just something I'm throwing in for my own pleasure and adds nothing, especially as the music can get quite obscure. Any feedback on these (for lack of a better term) gimmicks would be MUCH appreciated.
Sign-Up or Login to Reply