This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

A discussion to stoke your writing fire.
Posted: 8/2/2009 12:33 PM PDT
If it doesn't move the story along or holds details for later it's in my opinnion to much filler is a bad thing. It bores people it like reading about a fight and suddenly you writing about every detail about a cloud that isn't a medaphor <- (I know spelt it wrong.) for what is going on of relevant to the book.
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 7/30/2009 5:50 PM PDT
DON'T try too hard. The writing will just come to you. You'll end up giving yourself a head ache. I would just skip over the filler part I needed or write what ever came to mind. When I wrote a lot, I would reread my entire work and add random bits needed. Maybe you should try that. Hope I helped. Gothwriter.

Posted: 7/18/2009 2:41 PM PDT
Yeah, it was fine. Its just that sometimes I feel that I'm trying too hard to obtain the filler needed and that it's actually ruining the story. Have you ever felt that way?

Posted: 7/18/2009 2:33 PM PDT
The rest of your chapter, my even into another chapter depending on how important the description is. You can add lots of little bits in places or a whole scene setter. Hope this was usefull, if not, sorry :) x From Jess x

Posted: 7/18/2009 6:21 AM PDT
Okay, this was originally a thread for a project of mine but changed just as I wrote the title. So now, I pose the question to the webook community: Where do you draw the line for filler? (the descriptive writing that doesn't move the story forward at all)