This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

A discussion to stoke your writing fire.
Posted: 8/15/2008 11:04 AM PDT

Aloria
What I usually do is, once I've got a scene set up, I think of the worst possible thing that can happen, and then see what the characters do. Trick is to really know your characters though. You've got to know what makes them tick so that you can manipulate them into doing what you want them to.
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 8/13/2008 7:11 PM PDT
hey i just got you started. its your story...have fun. let me know what you decide to work with. i'd love to know and help more if you ever need it

Posted: 8/13/2008 12:58 AM PDT
Hey, interesting... I kinda like that idea... but I think I'll have a little twist I'll add to that....

Posted: 8/12/2008 10:20 PM PDT
You could start it out with the assasin having been present at the murder of the daughter and wife. He was there to protect them and because he failed to do so, the yakuza family leader is considering redemption for his service and completion of the killing of the mob family's psychic.

Posted: 8/12/2008 1:45 AM PDT
This is a very big story to tell. Why are the Yakuza's at war with the mobster? Perhaps you could start with a scene that begins this 'unrest.

Posted: 8/11/2008 3:46 PM PDT
Hi all! I'm new here and I'm working on a story but having trouble figuring out where to start it. The story is about a man with certain powers who works as an assasin for a yakuza family. The yakuza family is at war with an american mobster who has a young woman with psychic powers on their side. The mob family started the war when they had the wife and daughter of the yakuza family leader murdered. The woman with psychic powers is trapped within the mob family looking for a way out. She and the Apparition (the assasin for the yakuza family) cross paths and eventually fall in love as he tries to help her escape. However the yakuza leader wants the apparition to kill her.... Now guys.. .Help... where and how do I start this????