This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

Drum up support for a new WEbook writing group and connect to WEbookers with similar interests.
Posted: 11/14/2010 5:23 PM PST
I don't claim to be Wiccan or to know much about being Wiccan for that matter...all I know is that I do fully support the 'field' and I am fascinated with anything related to it. I'd love to learn more but I think I'll hold off on doing so until I can get some of my priorities in life more establised first. =P Thanks for the thread!
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 10/12/2009 6:37 AM PDT
Hi guys im not into Wicca but i can understand why people are, my best friend is Wiccan so don't worry i don't think its evil, but i am writing a story about a witch and i want to keep it as real as possible and your thoughts would be so helpful. Jodie

Posted: 3/19/2009 3:29 PM PST
Love being a witch, the rituals are so beautiful. Also love celtic / gaelic music. Who else do you like? Gaelic Storm is fun to listen to, Deanta, Altan, Cherish the Ladies, Niamh Parsons, and so many more? Yes there is a reason for my strawberry blond hair, I'm not totally English, have Irish & Scottish blood in me too. Amy

Posted: 1/1/2009 10:37 PM PST
Okay, I am 16, and I got only a little of that, so i'm sorry. haha. But thank you so much! Maybe I'll learn half of those words when I graduate. :D Anyways, I love Ireland! And Scotland. I'm going to go to those places after college I think. Have you ever heard Galway Girl? By Steve Earl? That's an amazing song. :) BB. Violet.

Posted: 1/1/2009 9:15 PM PST
Don't worry about being judged by the small-minded. The enlightened always are stifled by fire weilded by the smallest minds.They said the same thing about Joan of Arc you know. The persecution of so-called witches has become a byword for arbitrary ignorance-driven persecution, hence "witch-hunt. Besides the aspect of misogynism I concur with the theory that the "witch craze" was a pogrom if you will against intelligentcia. The derivations of witch and wizard: wit and wise. The maji or wisemen were Zoroastrian sages, hence magic.One has only to open the Times or Economist to see how foolish it is to malign and stifle the savvy. To humanity's collective shame it was not the first time an innocent demographic was demonised or scape-goated. This usually occurs to project or displace blame upon a vulnerable demographic due to the failure of the presiding power and state scholars to defend its people from an exterior threat , i.e. an invading army or pandemic. Sine it is 2009( by one calendar at least) with a substantial portion of b.c. in the past it is time to prove that the represented civilisation is not an oxymoron. I think summed up Erica Jong's notion of the witch being hated for being more than the sum of her parts is the most accurate. Ultimately wisdom is an attribute not a vice. I certainly would have wound up in a similar position in that era: as a heretic. My grandfather and his father were sent to siberia for being educated during the Soviet occupation. It is not merely a distant time nor an abstract reference knowledge from a text. Be Blessed and Protected, Greg of Galway Ireland

Posted: 1/1/2009 8:07 PM PST
Heyy, my name is Violet Skkye! If anyone is a Witch, or is Wiccan, or if anyone wants to know about it, please message me or add me as a friend, and i'll get back to you. :) And please, if you think witches are evil, you have a lot to learn. You can ask me, but keep your mean comments to yourself, kay? Blessed Be! Violet.