This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

A discussion to stoke your writing fire.
Posted: 10/10/2008 1:20 PM PDT
Hey Jutta I hear what you are saying about writing. Writer's block can sometimes really suck but what can you do. I would love to help you write your story, I think it would be interesting. I have had writer's block for quite a while now (several years) but i have started to write again. My suggestion is take a pen and a piece of paper or if you prefer your computer and just start writing about whatever is in your head, just let it come out you can always edit it later. I know that when i hit a snag and I can't write anymore sometimes i go back to the beginning and read what I have written sometimes the problem is the way I have written something or a word or words I have used i find that if i change the word(s) then the story just seems to flow again. My main concern when I am writing is just to get the ideas out of my head and onto the paper. I hope this helps butterflymoon
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 10/9/2008 11:56 AM PDT
I'll tell you what my favorite writer told me: Do NOT write your first book about vampires. They are hard and unperdictable but if you still want to like i do here are some tips: 1. Write down your ideas (sometimes writing down one idea leads you to another but do not make it to where your trying to write the book) 2. Write from your soul (only write when you have insparation) 3. Do NOT think about what you are going to write just write. 4. When you want to check your writing take a break from your book for a FULL week (read, watch TV, sleep anything as long as you do not look or touch your book for a week) AND FINALLY 5. Send your finnished work to 10 or 15 people ( The more people you send it to the more responses you will get)

Posted: 10/8/2008 9:14 AM PDT
Thanks Steve! I'll do that!! I don't have all the details, but I'll find them! Thanks everybody for helping me too!!! Luv ya'll!! Jutta

Posted: 9/26/2008 1:36 AM PDT
Hey Jutta! I know how you feel and I definately share your pain. The way I go about blocks like this is simple. Typically, when I'm writing, I write very chronologically. I start with Chapter One and keep going. But eventually the way I'm going either gets boring to write or I get stuck on what happens next. What I do is write a scene in the story I have in mind and work on that for a while. Normally, I know certain scenes later in the story, but I'm reluctant to write them because I want to do it in order. But when I hit a block, I move on to a more exciting or enticing part of the story. Try that! Go ahead in the story and write a few things that you may or may not include later on. Hope I helped! -Steve

Posted: 9/25/2008 11:04 AM PDT
Oh that helps so much, thanks, Sarah!! hhhmm. Now I need a notebook!!! WHOO MORE PAPER!!! :laughs:

Posted: 9/10/2008 2:07 PM PDT
Hey Jutta, It might help to take notes on your ideas. That way you'll have a whole notebook to reference when you are able to sit down and start working at your story. I also find it helpful sometime to write out of sequence-- if I have a really good idea for a bit of dialogue, or a scene in a broken elevator, then I type it out and later I incorporate it into the larger block of text, in a place where it makes sense chronologically. It really helps so that I don't lose those ideas, but I don't have to slog through chapters I'm not ready to write yet so that I can set down the things I have on my mind. Hope this helps!!

Posted: 9/9/2008 8:08 PM PDT
sure, just look up Jutta_Sai on member (or just click on my name, then go to my projects, i have 2 chapters written on there so far. they're short but oh well. thanks! jutta

Posted: 9/9/2008 8:05 PM PDT
I have ideas, but can't seem to write to get to the ideas. i'll try the enemy thing- but not sure who (or what) it is yet... thanks for the help!!!! jutta

Posted: 9/9/2008 6:47 PM PDT
Hey Jutta, I love writing with fantasy. I would be glad to help you out. Can I read what you have so far?

Posted: 9/8/2008 2:17 PM PDT
Hi, jutta the desperate! Sorry to hear you've hit a block. Fantasy-with-immortals isn't my particular area of expertise, but I can give you some general ideas about what to do when you're blocked. You said you have ideas -- have you written a certain amount of your story, and now you find you can't go any further? Or do you have ideas, and you're having a hard time getting started? Either way, here's something to try: Write a scene in which your main character is stuck somewhere with his/her worst enemy. I always like to get my characters stuck in broken elevators together, but if you're writing about vampire-type things, a sealed crypt or something might be a better setting. Don't worry about making the writing good. Just let yourself write freely. Hopefully you'll hit on a new, interesting angle on the conflict between your characters, and this will help you move the story forward -- whether or not you actually end up using the scene you write. Good luck!

Posted: 9/8/2008 1:45 PM PDT
i'm at a block, & i've come to VERY desparte measures, who want's to help me write through my block? it's like a fantasy w/ immortals (kind of like vampire type things) it's in modern time & there's about 3-4 main characters (mostly 1, then 2 other mains) don't ask what it's about all i know is all that i have written & a couple of ideas, please help! xoxo jutta the despreate!!