This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

A discussion to stoke your writing fire.
Posted: 6/25/2010 10:57 PM PDT
Well, the tale isn't immediately important, but later on, it fills in the history of two characters that the main characters encounter.
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 6/14/2010 6:25 PM PDT
Just wanted to say that book 7 isn't the only one that does that :} I am a Harry Potter Nerd. ANYWAYS you could have like whole chapters that draw away from the story, maybe every other chapter, or every 5 if there is not much to tell. Or maybe you could like have the story being told to the main character by clues he finds along the way. If you really want to go Harry Potter you could have the person see clips of things happening in their head. Dang it! I swear your gonna make me start reading them again! This will make 6 times for all 7 books! Or you could.... umm..... Oh! I think you should have a creepy old lady, or man if you must, tell the story! Creepy old people make stories better. Sorry if I was joking too much, {although I was serious about the old people} but you made me think about Harry Potter! I used to be like really addicted.

Posted: 6/11/2010 11:32 AM PDT
like the world has a legend or something to that affect that you would like the readers to know? or the characters? Well...you could have one character tell another. You could mention it in dialogue and then have the next chapter be the story. You could start the book off with the story. You could have a character read it in a book, see it in pictures, explain it to someone else, smell something and be reminded of it. Or did you want something else entirely? Don't know if that helped at all, but good luck and Write on!

Posted: 6/10/2010 9:14 PM PDT
So yeah, I really want to put a tale from my book's fantasy world within the actual story, similar to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Can anyone help??