This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

A discussion to stoke your writing fire.
Posted: 8/11/2010 2:32 AM PDT
http://spark-hereiwrite.blogspot.com/ that is the link
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 8/11/2010 2:01 AM PDT
I have about fourteen stories on the go, all in my phone - so I can just quickly write something if I want to add it. If you want any new ideas then I've got a blog where I post loads of my work, (I'll leave the address in a minute...) I found my stories: characters, scenes and plots sere getting stagnant until I had a kind of brainstorming session with a friend, it refreshed both our ideas and characters. Anyway I don't mind you using the blog but can you leave an idea: a character; a simple plot or scene plan... Thanks

Posted: 8/11/2010 1:59 AM PDT
I have about fourteen stories on the go, all in my phone - so I can just quickly write something if I want to add it. If you want any new ideas then I've got a blog where I post loads of my work, (I'll leave the address in a minute...) I found my stories: characters, scenes and plots sere getting stagnant until I had a kind of brainstorming session with a friend, it refreshed both our ideas and characters. Anyway I don't mind you using the blog but can you leave an idea: a character; a simple plot or scene plan... Thanks

Posted: 8/1/2010 2:46 PM PDT
I write like that as well. Don't force yourself. If you force yourself, you are only going to come up with garbage that you will never be satisfied with. Writing should not be something that you dread doing, or you are not meant to be an author. If it becomes frustrating, stop and pick it up later. I have been working on the same trilogy for a long time and my characters are no where near who they were when I started. You don't have to know everything about them - let their personalities change as your writing goes along. Your characters are people. If you can never know everything about a real person, you will never know everything about a character either. Start with the small stuff. Let the reader know how your main character feels about moving, what the new place looks like, what his/her opinion of this other person is, how the main character's life will change, what the new people in the new environment are like, what your main character will do now for work/school/whatever, etc. You can always edit out these details later if they become too much, but you've got to start yourself somewhere. Also, you don't have to write in chronological order. You can start from your beginning and move forward, or start from the middle and work backward. There's no rule that says you have to go in order. This is part of why writing is a creative process.

Posted: 7/28/2010 6:59 PM PDT
I can't help you much because I write very much the same way. I imagine the scene and then I write it. Showering helps sometimes. The complete privacy of it lets me think. The downside to this is my showers run a little long sometimes. :) Just keep with the characters and think of situations they could be in. Then see if those situations can fit in your novel. Then fill in the gaps as you can. Perhaps if the story will allow it, you can actually skip some of those troublesome sections. You know, ten years seemed like a long time but she was glad she was back, blah blah blah. And then the only other small help I can give, is if the characters won't tell you what you need to know, make it up. You created them, you have that right. :) Other than that, good luck!

Posted: 7/27/2010 6:24 PM PDT
hey, webookers, i'm having a problem with my current novel. I keep writing things in short bursts, and they fell only somewhat related to what i want to write.. but then again.. i'm not sure. i almost feel as if i'm out of ideas. i've written the middle/ end-ish part. but i know nothing of my MC's past. i've written out character details and whatnot, i've even interview both of my MCs, but very little came out of it. my goal it to write everyday, and i have missed a few days, but i feel very... brain clouded. grrr. this is very frusterating, as i have a beginning part and a middle part, but there is a HUGE GAP between those sections. Where I left off; my (almost 18yr.) mc goes to live with someone she hasn't seen in over ten years. any ideas on what happens next? ps this is just the set up... the middle scene was more fun to write.. which is probably why i did it first. i kinda just like to write the scenes as they pop up in my head. maybe i'm being to critical. idk. help! thanks! ~TK