This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

A place for Round 3 Raters (and writers!) to discuss their experiences
Posted: 7/3/2016 1:51 AM PDT
I agree. So many of the submissions are also almost identical. I don't understand why nobody can start a book in a similar way to how charles dickens, or road dahl (Matilda) or harry potter and the philosophers stone, or like chinese cinderella by adeline yen mah, or 'the hobbit'....all the books first pages start off in no similar way to  the greats.
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 10/8/2015 4:02 PM PDT
Of the ones that I've read, I haven't rated a one and maybe one or two 2s. Some I was too nice to give a garbage and posted a 2. Yes, not all subjects are to my liking (we all have are own likes, I know) but I think some authors(?) want to be a hit at one try with out getting help with a group of authors helping each other, critiquing, and redoing their story umpteen times to make it better before they post it.

Posted: 10/17/2014 8:39 PM PDT
I was bored again and looked at a bunch of submissions from other genres. This time I think I gave more 1's than I have in the last month. I reserve 1's for absolutely terrible writing. The manure pile in the horse stall is getting bigger. Keywizard

Posted: 12/23/2013 12:15 PM PST
I agree. I gave one 4 out of about 10 submissions, and I couldn't get past a few pages in most of them. Conventions of writing, style, and voice are faring badly.

Posted: 11/12/2013 8:36 PM PST
Keywizard: You Are Not Alone...

Posted: 11/8/2013 8:17 PM PST
I was bored and just spent a half hour or so looking at submissions outside my usual genre. I gave a few 3s and 4s. I think I gave more 1s in this session than I have in the last 2 weeks. Does anybody else feel that submissions lately are like you're mucking out a horse stall in hopes of finding a diamond?