This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

A discussion to stoke your writing fire.
Posted: 8/10/2008 6:37 PM PDT
Perhaps read or watch something that puts you in the mood you are trying to get across in your writing, and then write about the way that it makes you feel, the things that it makes you think. After you do this, incorporate the notes you have made into your characters and your story, especially incorporate it into the part that you are having trouble with. Good luck!
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 8/7/2008 3:34 PM PDT
I agree totally with being able to write better and more when I'm depressed...my problem is...I tell alllll. I have a problem on bipolar days because I have a big mouth (Or big fingers...lol) I usually try to stick to poetry when I'm like that because it can come out beautiful no matter how bad the feeling behind it.

Posted: 7/28/2008 11:36 AM PDT
writing seems to be harder when sharing with others. i'm really creative when i'm depressed. bad emotions are easier to express than happiness cause the sadness is what is in this world. of course there are many wonderful things to look up to :) but sadness can be seen in everyday news... you just have to find what made you so creative for the first time and relive it :) ;)

Posted: 7/27/2008 3:20 PM PDT
are you writing poetry or prose currently?

Posted: 7/26/2008 6:32 PM PDT
Alright, when I'm having trouble displaying these emotions I think about my characters situation and how I would react to it. I would think about what my face would look like, what my voice would sound like, the thoughts running through my head, my physical gestures and how people would normally react to it. Or think about yourself. Have you ever felt depressed? Angry? Sad? What did you feel when you felt those emotions? What did you do? How did the people around you react? What was the atmosphere like? Did you regret anything you may have said or done? You can take those experiences and use them for your characters. Somethings I think so much about it I actually become my character, crying thier tears, thinking thier thoughts. It helps me to become the character and be able to write exactly what emotions I want to protray. I hope that helped you. ~Kazume~

Posted: 7/26/2008 4:55 AM PDT
thanks. Quite depressed and angry emotions. Sad, as well. These are the ones i struggle with.

Posted: 7/25/2008 7:32 PM PDT

pattimari
It might help to simply write about your struggle. Perhaps play a game with words; emotions. Make up sentences. As you're doing this, you might fall into something of worth.

Posted: 7/25/2008 6:37 PM PDT
What kind of emotions?

Posted: 7/25/2008 12:18 PM PDT
i'm really struggling to get some emotions across in my writing. help please?