This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

WEbook Forums > WEbook's Writing Workshop > Brainstorming and Plot Doctoring > What Hero Would You Want To See Be A Villain?
Help Wanted!  No idea how to actualize your spy story?  Need a creative way kill off a character?  Searching for a conflict that will propel your fantasy novel.  This is the place for a friendly kick in the right direction, complete with "adoption" threads.
Posted: 8/12/2011 1:09 AM PDT
What a fun idea! I was trying to think of some characters that lots of people would know today. Hermione in Harry Potter would be a formidable villain. So would Gandalf of Middle Earth. What if Darth Vader turned good? Mary Poppins could be an evil kidnapper. Rather than revisit the Wicked Witch of the West, I'd like to see the Cowardly Lion, the Tin Man, and the Scarecrow turn into a terrorist trio. What if Robin Hood turned greedy, or the evil Prince John was really an old softy? What if Guenevere was actually an evil enchantress, and Morgan leFay a poor, sweet, misunderstood maiden? King Arthur could be a wicked tyrant; Lancelot his devious henchman. I've got to stop now, but good luck with the project! I'd be interested to see it when you write it.
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 10/18/2010 6:29 PM PDT
Oh I would love to see some evil nupboards in the cupboards

Posted: 8/27/2010 5:29 AM PDT
I would say, Use some characters that everyone surely knows. Like characters from the Grimm-brothers' stories, as Little Red Cap, Sleeping Beauty; I would love to see them go evil! You could also use fantasy creatures as Unicorns to go bad and fire-breathing. Hope this helped, good luck anyway. SC

Posted: 8/22/2010 7:34 PM PDT
It would be interesting to use the Witch because not everyone has read/seen Wicked. Most of us would assume she is bad. Does this library have a movie section? Some bigger libraries have movies that you can rent. You could go into fantasy/scifi movies and pull out some characters. I would say you should dabble in some popular works of today. Tolkein, C.S. Lewis, Steven King, Anne Rice... Dr. Seuss... (An evil Cat in the Hat? That would be hilarious!)

Posted: 8/11/2010 7:07 PM PDT
I'm probably going to be using mostly fantasy/scifi but mostly every genre will be touched

Posted: 8/11/2010 10:17 AM PDT
That sounds like a really amazing story idea! No characters pop into my head right away (except the wicked witch of the west--I just can't see her as a bad guy after reading Wicked), but I'm going to end up thinking about it all day, now... Are there any specific genres that you're using?

Posted: 8/10/2010 7:33 PM PDT
So in my new project How I Met The Wicked Witch of the West Over Winter Break the main character is able to see the characters of books in her grandfather's library as they wander from their pages and mingle with one another. She realizes this trait is common in a certain few Librarians who are tasked to keep the balance of who can enter and exit for the strongest characters who are able to leave their stories can influence others like the ideas of a book can. To make it fun I thought 'Hey? Why wouldn't some heroes want to try evil when in another story or why wouldn't the bad guy try to be good?' So my question is, What good guy could be a good villain or villain be a good hero?