This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

WEbook Forums > WEbook's Writing Workshop > Writing Groups > Hey All You Novel Writers!!
Drum up support for a new WEbook writing group and connect to WEbookers with similar interests.
Posted: 12/1/2009 7:16 PM PST
Spirit, if you are writing your stories, then you are already a writer, published or not. keep writing, if wou are comfortable enough with your work then post what you have written as a project on this site and invite people to take a look. dont be discouraged by 'negative' feedback, it is all constructive. Even if people tell you that you aren't good enough to be a writer (which im sure they wouldn't) just remember practice makes perfect! keep writing, never give up if you love doing it then dont stop. you will get better and better. You cant expect to be a Stephen King the frst time around. like anything it takes practice. Sometimes i look back on things i wrote years ago (although not too long ago i am only 22) and shudder. what was i thinking?! But my experiences, good and bad, have all built up and made me a better writer. I still have a long way to go, but the whole process is so much fun. Join some online writing groups, take a community college course, or an online course. Try different writing exercises, keep a diary! one of my favourite exercises is to keep a journal of a fictional character. Make up his or her life as you go along, it will give you some great ideas and build some great back story for characters you can use in your future books. Just remember to have fun with it! writing is my therpay i couldnt live without it. If you want to get published, stick at it. once you have drafted and re drafted a novel to perfection send it off to publishers. even if you do get knocked back (most people do their first time around, and second, third, fourth or more!) you will get some great feedback. Good luck!
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 10/11/2009 6:12 AM PDT
Tell me how you have progressed with this group. I, too, have had a few sour experiences with online writing groups, however, I've hadmore positive experiences.

Posted: 9/13/2009 5:03 AM PDT
Hey I'm new here and have been looking for a group to join that can help me with my writing and vice versa. Maybe this is what I'm looking for, I am a little unsure though as I was on another site and all the other members seemed to enjoy was beating up on the other writers work so it kind of put me off joining groups like this. Plus I had work stolen :(

Posted: 9/10/2009 2:50 PM PDT
i wish to be a writer and want my stories to be published but i dont know how to get things published or even critiqued, i need people to tell me if im good enough to continue to write my stories...

Posted: 8/6/2009 3:57 PM PDT
I`m not very dashing

Posted: 12/2/2008 2:24 PM PST

EmmaDrew
There's a dashing young group waiting for the writers and readers of novels. Members get together to discuss the many aspects of novel writing and to provide feedback for each other. At Novelists Inc. we all share a common goal: to raise our printed children so that one day they can be accepted into society as the marvals they are!