This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

A discussion to stoke your writing fire.
Posted: 8/22/2008 7:19 AM PDT
OK if you want a Mystery, you could always Have sunny, be an irish tap dancer, but she is Black,(no offense to black people), but because of her color people don't see her as the wonderful Irish tap dancer she is, so she isn't allow to go into the finals for a recital. and now the mystery is trying to get her in, and her kicking butt in the end.
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 8/17/2008 7:46 PM PDT
good ideas, thanks :)

Posted: 8/12/2008 1:02 PM PDT
She should be in the middle of something such as a dance competition. From there you can catch the reader's attention by having something happen :)

Posted: 8/10/2008 7:29 PM PDT
There is a 14 year old girl, Sonnet, or as her friends call her Sunny, and she loves to Irish Dance. In fact, it has been her dream to be a professional Irish Dancer since she was born. She has traveled all over the world competing and has gotten quite good. Due to the numerous awards that she has won, people have gotten quiet jelouse of her. She always takes the top prizes, and has few friends due to the fact that other’s want to finally be the one to take the top prize. However, there is this one guy who she knows. He competes against her, but since they are in different age groups, he is friendly to her, rather then being jealous. A few years pass, and they are finally in the same age group. Sunny is still winning all of the awards, trophies, and prizes, and the guy wants a chance to get them. So, even though he is in love with her, his jealous rage forces him to kill her. From there it turns into a murder mystery, and the wrong person is blamed. The trial and everything goes on, and the innocent man is finally proven innocent. At the end, the ex-lover/true killer is found guilty.

Posted: 7/28/2008 7:29 PM PDT
I really like that! I think I could do something like that, i'll get started and let you know when ive got the first bit done, just send me a message if you get any more ideas, thanks sooo much! -the girl with the dorky glasses

Posted: 7/22/2008 5:25 PM PDT
You could go with Sunny being a young irish dancer who is presueing her dreams to become a perfessional dancer. Along the way she has a male competitor always pushing her harder. She could hate him and have another childhood friend encouraging her to not quit. Eventually, she reaches her dream and could fall for one of the two main guys in her life at that point. Of course you're the one writing the story, so don't be afraid to start it with small ideas like you have now and gradually bring new ideas into the plot. Remember you can always go back and change things later! ~Kazume~

Posted: 7/18/2008 8:16 AM PDT
Hello, I'm Sandy, new to this site. So far I love it. I was reading what you wrote and come up with one idea: In the small Irish town of Kiltimagh, birthplace of Raifteirí - the blind poet, lived a Young girl named Sunny. Sunny had dreams, like other girls her age, of finding love that would last forever. Like Raifteiri, Sonny was blind and loved playing her fiddle and performing her songs and poetry to everyone that would listen. An idea for a start.

Posted: 7/17/2008 9:50 AM PDT
Ok im leaving this up to you: im writing a story but im not exactly sure where its going, big problem. I have so many great ideas but no idea how to pile them up into one story so i was thinking it would be kind of neat to see what would happen if i gave you all my ideas and had you come up with a summary for me, so here they are this is what must be included I leave everything else up to you and your imagination: 14 year old girl named Sonnet (Sunny) is main character. Loves to irish dance- main point of story-possibly mystery? has to have romance but not super mushy- not main point of story. and thats all! I know you have good ideas! have fun! Dorky_glasses4