This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

A discussion to stoke your writing fire.
Posted: 12/19/2009 2:27 PM PST
I find titles limiting, to be quite honest. Unless you know exactly where the story is going, you should just stick with temporary ones until later. Just my opinion. Oh, an Malakye is a Gaelic name, which is why it sounds unusual. Oddly I actually have a character named that, but I digress.
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 10/2/2009 1:00 AM PDT
I've found that having a good title for a story helps keep me on track. Simple titles catch a reader's eye and at the same time can add power to your story. Is Malakye a Fateless One? Can he join them? If yes is the answer to either or both of these questions then I'd recommend calling it " The Undecided" because if it new to him he certainly will be undecided about who he his and where he stands. Plus, you should want him to be undecided because it will help create conflict in your story, both personal and external, and character conflict is what drives the plot. If you don't like this title, that's okay. The right one WILL come to you. Have fun and good luck.

Posted: 10/1/2009 5:47 PM PDT
Thank you very much. I've never been great at summaries but I'll try to make it clearer. And it's pronounced phonetically. Mah luh ki (long i sound) And hey there are all sorts of names in Tennessee. I'm a girl and my name's Andie, which is a little bit odd.

Posted: 9/29/2009 9:41 PM PDT
Well... Just going to take a shot or two... From the synopsis you gave me... its kind of a strange, not really tying together in a way, kind of story to me... Then again... a Book is written from the authors view of it... and the author always has a plan for things... I would say... Malakye and the Fateless ones.... Also... who in tennessee is named Malakye? Maybe i"m pronouncing it wrong but it seems like a strange name... Uh... Maybe just... The Fateless Ones Or even ... the Fateless five... Really its hard... But if you know how the story is... then take the main plot and use a foreshadowing title maybe... Or... do this... Write the book... then decide on a title... just give it a moving title right now... like The Fateless Ones... Then change it later... they do that for movies and novels all the time...

Posted: 9/29/2009 5:42 PM PDT
Well this an extremely rough plot but I believe it has potential. Only problem. I need a title! All ideas welcome. Come one come all. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Malakye just wants to be special and have some adventure in his life. He got way more than he bargained for when Tundra Anderson Luna Vistrcu came to his small Tennessee town. Suddenly, he's thrown into a crazy world of magic that he never even thought existed. The Gyselvs, or Fateless Ones, are broken into five parts. Changers, Gifteds, Quills, Hunters and Undecideds. As the plot thickens, Malakye starts questioning his family and everything he's ever known, but he has no time to ponder things as all out war breaks out between Hunters and Changers. A war that threatens the core of humanity. Not the perfect synopsis but do your best Thank you -AndieeDarling