This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

A discussion to stoke your writing fire.
Posted: 3/2/2009 3:37 PM PST
The first thing I would do in a case like that would be go to one of my friends and ask for half a dozen random words. And I would NOT sort through them and pick and choose. No, they have to be random. So now I would take those random words and fit them into what subjects you got for the writing asignment. The random words would only have to mentioned in the story, and not necesarily an important element in the plot. Here's some very random words from one of my friends: cat window cucumber shoe locket bottle Hope this helps. If it doesn't, I wish you luck in your quest for inspiration.
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 2/26/2009 10:51 AM PST
well, you could go a mystery route. something nancy drewish. I know that's generic though. or You can do this great secret as something really stupid. It can be anything small that too a little girl is huge! ittle girls aren't that great. Someone could have a crush on someone, fail a math test, their scout leader might not be as evil as they think she is. It could be anything small that they think is big or maybe they find out something bad about one of their friend's home lives. Like someone's mother left them. I would first think of what would be a great secret to a little girl and go from there. Don't be afraid to have some fun with it! Good luck!

Posted: 2/23/2009 6:44 PM PST
hmm... that's a cute idea for a writing assignment. I wish my school did stuff like that!! To make it not predictable, take all of the ideas that first pop into your head that could fit and toss them. They won't do. Next, consider the next ones. Does it sound too cheesy? if i was reading this, could I predict what is about to happen next? Just ask questions like that. You will find at least one option that you will be happy with, I can guarantee. I hope this all works out for you and good luck. Hope you get a good grade!!

Posted: 2/23/2009 6:44 PM PST
hmm... that's a cute idea for a writing assignment. I wish my school did stuff like that!! To make it not predictable, take all of the ideas that first pop into your head that could fit and toss them. They won't do. Next, consider the next ones. Does it sound too cheesy? if i was reading this, could I predict what is about to happen next? Just ask questions like that. You will find at least one option that you will be happy with, I can guarantee. I hope this all works out for you and good luck. Hope you get a good grade!!

Posted: 2/23/2009 3:34 PM PST
My english teacher gave us a creative writing assignment where we each had to pick 3 numbers which corresponded to a character, plot and setting. I got stuck with.. 2 kids looking for trouble a girl scout meeting discovering a great secret. seems effortless,right? they all somewhat fit. But to me they're to generic. How do i go about making them flow so the story isnt so predictable? Im lost...!