This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

WEbook Forums > WEbook's Writing Workshop > AgentInbox > Hubby thinks webook is a scam!
For questions and concerns about AgentInbox, suggestions for improvement, and success stories.
Posted: 12/25/2017 11:08 PM PST
I think you're right. This website is really good. I've never used any easy website before. I had to send emails to agents before, one by one.It's really hard, but this website makes it easier. WOW
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 7/30/2011 10:00 AM PDT
I used AgentInBox when it was a fee paying feature and found it really useful. The website keeps track of your submission and updates you on whether it has been read and any comments the agent made on your work. I really appreciated having all the information in one place and it was easy to follow. Then WeBook made the feature free. As I was still in my 6mths fee paid time (which is plent of time), I was refunded my AgentInBox fee. As a free user I could no longer see how far a long my submission was in the process i.e. reading it, feedback, rejected, etc Also the comments were not saved on the page so I had to check my emails. It works perfectly fine as a free feature but I can say from my experience the paid version makes life so much easier. In addition, I got a free PageToFame token. I also got another PageToFame free token when my 6 months was up. I'll probably use it again but for free. However, I don't think the fee is a rip off. Using AgentInBox (fee or free) is still cheaper than querying that volume of agents by post. The site also sorts your submission into what the agent requests (i.e. 30 pages, 1 chapter, 3 chapters, etc). It's really easy to use and available to everyone (it is free). I have no concerns over WeBook trying to rip anyone off. I'm more concerned over having my work online that someone without my creativity could copy my story, polish it up and sell it on as there own. That's the risk of having your work online whatever website or forum you use. You can pay to copyright protect your work but I'm still editing and need the feedback to help me improve at the moment so no point protecting it until its ready. I think WeBook would do well to have a partnership, link or support/advice over how writers can protect their work as this is a major concern for a lot of writers. Its also quite complicated and I think some assurance on what to do and what works would make people feel safer about their writing which a lot of us spend years perfecting. My novel took 4 months to write but over a year of editing and I'm still editing it now.

Posted: 9/30/2010 8:06 PM PDT
As an author and publisher, I can tell you that the only site I trust more than WeBook is AAR, the Authors and Artist Representative sit4es. They have strict rules to abide by, including the fact that they charge nothing to their clients. They make their money from the companies that publish and produce their work. You can walk away from opportunity out of fear of success, or being taken. I did that early on with a promising music career. I am not about to let that happen to me as an author. WeBook asks a nominal fee for access to AgentinaBox results with Agent Track, but otherwise, I don't see much here that says they are looking to steal from or cheat anyone. There are no guarantees in finding an agent and getting into print. It just takes time, persistence, and patience.

Posted: 8/5/2010 10:08 AM PDT
Oh wait, you're talking about the agent inbox fee. My fault. I'll get through my page to fame rounds and see if the market likes me before I decide. I'd have to work for a few weeks to save up that much money. Shutting up now. Cheers!

Posted: 8/5/2010 10:06 AM PDT
True... the $4 was about half of my weekly income from writing. Still about the same price as a good cheeseburger, which gives me zero feedback. It's cheaper than the postage it would take to send my manuscript to a few places. Oh, and on the manuscript--it isn't done, so I can gauge appeal on my initial ideas and see what's working or not. I vote yay.

Posted: 7/16/2010 7:00 PM PDT
all i know is no way in hell i'm gonna ever give this place any money LOL i spent hundreds of hours writing, why the hell would i want to give money away?

Posted: 5/28/2010 1:36 PM PDT
Hi AngelGranger, we've responded to comments similar to your own in several other forum threads. If you're interested, you can read that here: Brian

Posted: 5/23/2010 6:20 AM PDT
My only comment is, why on earth would I pay webook when I can submit to agents for free? If I were an agent, I would be horrified to think that anyone paid to query me. Sorry webook but this is one part of this website I WILL NOT PAY FOR!!! It just doesn't seem ethical to me, when most agents adamantly, and repeatedly scream NEVER EVER pay anyone to read your submissions.

Posted: 5/19/2010 1:52 PM PDT

I used to work for WB and posted this awhile back. It should answer some of your questions.

Posted: 5/19/2010 5:36 AM PDT

I'm not anyone from WEbook, I'm just another member like you, but the agents listed here are real agents. You can find them all listed at or It's pretty easy to check to see if an agent is leglit. Have you researched any of this yet? You might want to do that if you haven't. also is a great resource.

Posted: 5/19/2010 3:47 AM PDT
He says it's just a way for you all to make money and that it won't work. He worries about someone stealing my book and doesn't trust anything on the internet. Is there any security problems with submissions or agent inbox, is there any assurances my work is safe and the agents listed are real. Like him I just can't help shake the feeling that it's just a bit too easy and writers are all so desperate we're easy prey.