This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

WEbook Forums > The Water Cooler > Newbies > New here and a bit wary.
New to WEbook? Get started here.
Posted: 4/30/2014 3:55 PM PDT
The only way to ensure no one ever steals your ideas is to never let anyone read them. Although, I don't suggest that as it makes getting published that much more difficult.
I'd do as Alec says but, if you already know you need a lot of work, I'd take the Challenges over Page2Fame as you'll grow much more from the Challenges.
Take care and hope to see you over there...
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 4/29/2014 3:08 AM PDT
Hi Riley,

We all feel that way, it's always difficult to open up your work and take some flak but there's no other way to do it. I wouldn't judge yourself too harshly either, in the scheme of things it's our opinion of our own work that counts the least.

May I suggest you try out Page To Fame or The Monthly Challenge. Of the two the latter is where people will comment on your work in a constructive manner and I think you will learn a lot about the skills to improve your writing. Also it is a friendly, often tongue in cheek, atmosphere, in which people give and take advice. Top that off with a chance to win an i-pad at the moment, you gotta have a go.

Good luck

Alec

Posted: 4/28/2014 6:54 PM PDT

Hi. I'm new to this site. I came from a site that got a bit too full of teenagers who aren't very good writers. I'm a sophomore in high school, but please don't stop reading just yet.

I really want good honest feedback on the stories I post, though I am worried that no one would read them in the first place.. or take my ideas. I've always wanted to be a published writer but I don't think I'm good enough.

I want to further expand my writing and obtain the validation from people who have no connection with me (Family, friends, etc.)

Thank you for reading and I hope to hear from some of you soon.