This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

WEbook Forums > The Genre Café > Romance > Above all that romance crap to show Love
Romance
Posted: 9/14/2013 9:30 PM PDT
I also agree, kind of. Though, the unexpected pregnancies are very cliche on Wattpad.com that I feel like my head's going to explode. Also, you can find one night stands turning into that same romance formula you were talking about (which can also be found on Wattpad.com). Plus, one night stands are not love, well, in my book they aren't. 

After reading the same plot in ten books, I gave up on all of them together, becuase I've read it all before and that only makes the story lousy. Though, there are a few books that mastered the cliche storyline and I fell in love with them.

Though, I strongly agree with you that all romantic relationships should have their ups and downs. They never really go smoothly and perfect. There needs to be conflict, original drama, and a relatable/realistic plot. I've read some romances where the main character dies (some weren't romances) and ones where the lover dies. I guess like Romeo and Juliet. Anyways, it's difficult to make romances when most ideas have been overwhelmingly used.
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 5/30/2013 12:30 PM PDT
Romance novels always have the same formula. They meet, they fine each other attractive, for some stupid reason they fight and breakup, then they make up and live happily ever after. Where's the one night stands, unplanned pregnancies, and plain all arguing? I love a great love story that tells the true ups and downs of real life romantic relationships. Hey if you agree and write some everyday love stories then I'll be happy to give you some feedback. If you disagree, hey at least you reading about me.
Sign-Up or Login to Reply