This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

A discussion to stoke your writing fire.
Posted: 11/4/2009 9:58 AM PST
I usually get a kick in the butt to write poetry or anything else when I'm inspired by something that moves me. I guess that sounds redundant and not really saying much at all. (which is also redundant lol) I agree - music is a great inspiration, can set the mood to write a very dark or highly joyful poem. Sometimes when I read the work of others and am reviewing, something catches my attention and a strong feeling wells up inside me that gives me the energy and motivation to begin writing. If I'm not depressed and writing is not flowing forth, I try to find something I'm passionate about, something controversial, or something really truly bizarre to write about. Stumbling around on Stumbleupon, I've come across many websites that gave me the UMPH to begin writing again.
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 11/3/2009 3:29 AM PST
Yeah it's a major problem, I know. You just can't force it. Maybe you can watch a good movie or listen to some music, but if it doesn't work, it doesn't work. Writing from another perspective is more difficult most of the time, but it's worth trying. Good luck!

Posted: 9/20/2009 5:40 PM PDT
ok soo wen i was severly depressed i could boom make one in a snap and love it and now i need 5 before tomoro but i feel like there going to be crao cause im happy and there rushed ... so i cant even start them