This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

Questions or comments about PageToFame? Let us know!
Posted: 10/29/2013 3:14 AM PST

hlk88

Hi BeckyBlackburn,

We do not believe that charging a fee for any aspect of a user's interaction with WEbook is something that would be beneficial for the site. As a result, when we took over the running of the site we happily abolished all fee-based services and made them free to all WEbook users. While we understand the drive behind your suggestion, we also don't want to take a step back, which is why we will never charge for PageToFame. 

We encourage people who submit to Page2Fame to rate as many submissions as possible, it sounds like you're doing this already (which is great!), but we also need to get the word out there and encourage everyone to do the same. Once the new PageToFame is launched (very, very soon!), it will help to combat many of the rating frustrations that our members have.

In the meantime, if you spot any submissions on PageToFame that don't have any text or aren't proper submissions, send its title to info@webook.com.

H
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 10/28/2013 11:32 AM PST
This seems a little faulty though---while it's nice that this is a free service, I think something needs to be expected from the submitters.  Maybe they have to rate five submissions a day themselves or maybe they need to pay a ten dollar fee.  I've had my post in for two weeks and it's only received one rating.  Thanks!

Posted: 9/11/2013 2:55 AM PDT

hlk88

Hi Gavin,

When you submit to PageToFame, it can sometimes take while for your piece to gather ratings.

Because the system is based on a random generation of submissions to raters, the more people rate, the more likely it is that your piece will be shown to raters. So, we are actively encouraging everyone who submits to PageToFame, to rate lots of submissions themselves, which will in turn encourage other people who submit to rate. It's a give-and-take exercise. Unfortunately, many people just submit and never rate themselves, but we are gathering more and more active ratings every day so you will most likely see the ratings start to come in very soon!

Hope that helps!

H

Posted: 9/9/2013 4:08 PM PDT
Hey, I'm new to this site, and I was just wondering what the timeline for pagetofame is like? How soon do people start rating, how quickly do rates come in, how many are needed for the next lvl, etc? I'm just kind of curious as to how it works, as I just put one on there (As the Light Fades). If anyone could shed some light on that, it would be great, thanks!