This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

A discussion to stoke your writing fire.
Posted: 8/13/2008 4:56 PM PDT
Hey think of it and what it looks like write what you see. It sometimes happenes to me but when I think about it I can see it clearly and I describe it. Cake!
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 8/13/2008 1:08 PM PDT
Begin from a different direction. Realism tends to bank on the reader, or author, whichever your preference, wanting have that setting; that foundation of how a scene will be played even before its finished. Begin from a different direction. Take what you want to write, and twist it. I hope this isn't too forward, but i have something i would like you to read.

Posted: 8/12/2008 1:43 AM PDT
You could dramatise the imaginary scenes - make them almost dream-like and exagerated. That would offer a contrast with the real scenes.

Posted: 8/11/2008 4:04 PM PDT
Iv started a new story called Harlequin. Its going to be a novella. I have laid out the story on paper, outlined the characters back grounds and wrote a synopsis of the story. In the middle of the story i have to write imaginary deaths that come alight in the real world are real deaths closly linked to the imaginary ones. Confusing i know. Its like this, the harlequin shows jess, her boyfrind being bound to a bed with a rope around his neck being pulled tighter until his neck snaps. But what really happens is he is found lay on her bed, having been strangled to death. I don't know to write the imaginary scene and then write the real event. Please help!! Any suggestions