This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

A discussion to stoke your writing fire.
Posted: 9/3/2008 9:40 AM PDT
Most of my inspiration comes from music (mainly Disturbed and Godsmack). I do also get some inspiration for my fantasy work from some games I have played. I dont really get inspiration from anything static in my life, although I wouldnt rule it out.
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 9/3/2008 2:59 AM PDT
inspiration? music that inspires paradise in the mind. books, whose words lead us to a sunny conclusion or a climatic apocalypse of muddled emotions. pictures of far-away places: the musky jungles of madagascar, mars' war-torn face, the lush hills of ireland. flowers! tropical, mellow beauties that smell like stardust and marmalade. as for people? the human nature works best, the absolute depth of our minds, a why of why of whats. theorems, language, russian ballet -- there is absolutely no limit to inspiration, or where you can get it from. look around you.

Posted: 9/2/2008 5:47 PM PDT
My inspiration can come from anywhere and in every form. Some of my stories come from dreams or nightmares, but there are other sources. One of my favorite novel ideas came to me while watching a spider creep across my dad's driveway (you probably won't see that story here for a while, since its one of my treasured ideas and I don't want to risk loosing my rights to it or something. So that one has to wait until I'm absolutely certain that this site is safe). Look at everything around you, even the little, insignificant things. Everything has its potential for a great story if you know how to look at it.

Posted: 9/2/2008 10:34 AM PDT
I suppose most of my writing comes from close relationships, and the trouble they sometimes cause. Usually that means my family. I wonder, "Why the heck is my mom SO CRAZY?!?!?" Then I write a story with a character who is crazy in just that way, and I understand mom a little better. (Sometimes, to be completely fair, I wonder "Why the heck am I SO CRAZY?!?!?" Writing cal help me understand that better, too.) In a broader sense, I write to understand people better. I hope that if I examine people honestly and deeply, my writing will be valuable to others. It can be fun to do this with people I'm not close to, too. Like: "Why on earth is the guy sitting across from me on the subway wearing a sweatshirt embroidered with dozens of pairs of sneakers?" So I write about a character who wears that sweatshirt. The short answer: As someone else said in this thread, people are my inspiration.

Posted: 9/2/2008 7:56 AM PDT
I know its been said before but it comes from anywhere. SAVE YOU (my current project check it out) is my little fantasy ( not sexually) about a celebrity who died recently who I want to be just hiding away for a bit. I won't say who, because if my book did get published it is not fair on their family because I know it is not true. But if you get an idea however strange write it down xxx

Posted: 8/27/2008 4:42 PM PDT
Fioce
I've never thought of it that way. I've been writing my whole life. I still remember the first story I wrote, in kindergarten. I just feel the need to make everything into a story. Now I'm going to go to your profile and see what sort of writing "ADHD and depression and anger and frustration" create. :)

Posted: 8/27/2008 4:40 PM PDT
People I've met mostly. Three guys I've developed crushes on throughout high school. I used one of them as a character in something I wrote, but not sure if I want to share it. It comes a little close to home and reveals too much. Another, I found his eyes so intriguing and inspirational that I just ran with the things I felt while staring into them. Music helps fuel my work after the fact. I'll hear something that sounds like something I'm writing and I incorporate those thoughts into it. My main source is music, but also films I'd seen and new books I'd read. I see something so amazing in those that I want to write my own.

Posted: 8/27/2008 3:07 PM PDT

Dean_Draven
I was just wandering where your main sources of inspiration to write comes from...may it be something you have read, or perhaps something that you have expirenced, all be it negatively or positively. My main inspiration to write comes from my ADHD and depression problems. I find the method of creating a new world, a new character a great way to great way to get my anger and fustration out...Saves punching someone lol.