This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

A discussion to stoke your writing fire.
Posted: 6/24/2009 9:55 AM PDT
I've never seen a world war II musical. It could be based on the battlefield, or it could be about the working-class women or even about the conspiracy that became one of the assassination attempts against Hitler.
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 6/23/2009 8:04 AM PDT
First think about where it will take place. The School? A hotel? A resterant? A home? Then think about those sad songs. What's going on at that time? Use those to help with the plot. Try to get them into an order that works. As for an origional plot? Just create origional charactors. Don't let yourself fall into 'The Mean Girl" "The Nice Guy" "The Funny One" becasue in real life, people really don't fit into labels like that. If you create an origional setting, something no one had ever used, like, a secret room in a school (your school) or the basement of the Lovre or something like that, then you'll find that it's easier to create a plot that hasn't been used.

Posted: 6/21/2009 4:27 AM PDT
Hi. I'm trying to write a musical for my school to perform in two years time (which is all the time I have because I leave high school then), and I have a few sad songs in my head, and some happy melodies that I can add relevant words to later on, but I don't want to copy musicals that have already been done and i'm finding it impossible to put together an origonal plot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.