This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

WEbook Forums > WEbook's Writing Workshop > 911 Writer's Block:  Tips to Rev your Engine > GAH!!!! EXTREME WRITERS BLOCK OF EPIC PROPORTIONS!
A discussion to stoke your writing fire.
Posted: 6/8/2009 12:48 PM PDT
thankyouthankyouTHANKYOU!!!! OMG this helped a lot. THANK YOU!!!! ^_^ :D
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 6/8/2009 3:06 AM PDT
first off one of the best things to do with a major block like this is give it a few days before returning to the writing. Take your mind off it and it just might come to you. Secondly when you have given it a few days, (or weeks depending on how long you want to take: ) try to find out what the main reason you started that book for. what specifically did you want your character to portray, and what about that is worth writing on. I prefer comedy in spots like these because there is always room for comic release, and it is fairly easy once you get started to keep the ideas flowing. for example if your writing a about a woman with a love for fashion, one thing you could do is have her always seem to run into horrible fashions no matter what she does to avoid them. you could take it the exact opposite way and have it that she always seem to come up with the most brilliant fashions, no matter how hard she tries to make them fail, they catch on. The main point is to asses what your character is essentially and bring it out in the best, (or worst) light. if she is outgoing, put her in a broken elevator full of shy people. not so outgoing, have her get mixed up in a convention by accident, that her hotel was holding that she had no idea about. Choosing comedy for me also relaxes me and allows me to get a little outlandish with my writing while still staying true to the story and character. hope this helps : )

Posted: 6/6/2009 12:05 PM PDT
OK I am writing in 2 of my stories,"A Little Bit Never Hurt Anybody" & "Blonde Hair, Green Eyes, Purple Tights". IN both of the stories I have NO IDEA as to how to go on with the story. If anyone would be kind enough to give their insight as to what I should do, it would be greatly appreciated.