This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

Help for writers who want to use WEbook like a pro.
Posted: 2/6/2017 2:51 AM PST

Hi TEBradford, 

Thanks for your interest in WEbook :) Please see below my replies to your questions:

1) Our projects are sorted by latest activity first, and then you can sort by genre. So, projects with the newest updates will always be displayed on the homepage and then flow backwards in to pages 2,3,4 etc. by activity levels. 

2) Bear with me on the toolbar, I will see if our programmer can sort something out...

3) Most absolutely. I assume you're referring to the below, found in our terms of use (
Publishing rights stay with the author, and the Archival Licence does not have any influence over your rights or our rights in relation to this. I do understand how the wording used could make it a little unclear. An Archival Licence is there to allow us to back up the site in the way we deem most appropriate. We don't want to have to alert all members (and most members probably don't want to know) if we migrate our backups to a new server, for example. 

We've made a provision in Member's Site Licence to WEbook that clearly states we do not have the right to publish any Member's work outside of the site, in any format (in italics for clarity below). If you'd like any more clarification on this, do let me know and I'm happy to go over it in more detail for you.

6. Terms of Above-referenced Assignments and Licenses
  • Member’s Site License to WEbook: Member grants WEbook a non-exclusive, worldwide, unlimited license to copy, display, render, distribute, transmit, store, and otherwise use the Content covered by this section for all purposes associated with WEbook’s operation of the Site and WEbook’s business (the “Site License”). For the avoidance of doubt, it does not grant WEbook the right to publish the Content in printed or electronic form as a book, outside of the Site.The Site License is irrevocable unless and until Content covered by the Site License is removed from the Site in accordance with section 9 of this Agreement.
  • Member’s Archival License to WEbook: Member grants WEbook a non-exclusive, irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual license to store and maintain one or more copies of all Content (and additions, modifications, and revisions to Content) placed by Member on the Site (“Archival License”).WEbook has sole discretion to determine how, when, and where it may exercise and employ the Archival License. WEbook has no obligation to Member to disclose any aspect of how, where, and when WEbook exercises and employs the Archival License.

4. Yes, we have a site-guide / FAQ which can be found here:

As a quick overview, WEbook has four main areas:

1) Projects: This is where you can upload your work and collaborate on it with other members. You can browse through other members' work from the homepage, through the search bar, or through their profile pages.
2) Competitions: We run a writing challenge each month, plus other various challenges throughout the year. This is open for everyone to join, is completely free, and is a great way to meet other members on the site.
3) Page2Fame: This is an anonymous voting system that members can submit a one-page sample to. Other WEbookers vote on it, and then once it's got enough votes the sub is either elevated to the next round or dropped. This is a great way to try out story ideas or get some feedback on your writing in an anonymous way.
4) AgentInBox: You can submit a query to one of approx. 100 agents for free. We have a step-by-step system that will guide you through the process, and each submission is reviewed by a site editor and feedback given (if necessary) before it's passed on to the agent(s). Again, this is totally free.

If you've got any more questions, please feel free to let me know!

Thanks again for your interest in WEbook and we hope to see you on the site very soon :)

Hannah from the WEbook Team
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 2/2/2017 5:30 PM PST
Hi there. I'm trying to check out the site for possible WriteOn community migration, and have some questions.
1. How do you sift through the work others have posted? Is it always newest first? How do you find what more people are reading / looking at?
2. Can you get rid of the social media toolbar? It hides, but every time you move the mouse it returns.
3. Some of the agreement notes about WeBook archive rights seem to contradict the fact that publishing rights remain with the author. Can that be clarified?
4. Some of our other members who have checked out the site noted that navigation was difficult. Is there a "how to understand and use the site" that explains the ins and outs without having to check every area first?
Thank you in advance for your help and consideration.

Sign-Up or Login to Reply