This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

A discussion to stoke your writing fire.
Posted: 8/4/2011 11:40 AM PDT
What I did, was I made a graph sort of thing to keep track of how much I wrote in one day. This really helped me to write because of the dissapointment if I mark a day 0. And push yourself with one plot line that you have figured out (i.e. you know the whole story).
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 7/31/2011 2:05 PM PDT
The way I get through blocks like that is to write the story out of order. If I get stuck in one spot I think of what would happen next and skip to that for a while. Then later I come back and fill in the blanks. Don't be too stressed about writing - just write!

Posted: 7/15/2011 6:39 PM PDT
I had the same problem. XD I started writing one of my projects at a friends house, and I got through 5 chapters before re-reading it and thinknig it was all too cliche. I decided to post a rough draft of my rough draft here (lol) and now I find it easy to continue. (In short, try something and revise it if you don't like it? Trial and Error. :P) If you do really need a co-author for something, I'm happy to help, but I don't have much tips for an over-all good plot, I usually give little bits and peices. (I do that to myself sometimes)

Posted: 2/2/2011 5:39 PM PST
If there all boring you but you want to try and use the idea try combining story ideas together it'll make the story more interesting and it'll satisfy you but try to make it realistic also try putting in things that happened to you that you can fit in with the story

Posted: 12/8/2010 7:20 AM PST
I have a similar problem. do you have a set of characters that you always use?

Posted: 11/23/2010 6:37 AM PST
Dedicate yourself to one plot line. Maybe you can set aside an hour or two a night for writing, start with a sketch sheet like list of characters and descriptions of them, or list of events that happen. after doing that the story will create itself with a little work, and if you feel like its not interesting to yourself anymore first read it out load with expression if its still boring then ask friends any family to say what they think hope this helps

Posted: 11/22/2010 1:47 PM PST
So i keep starting stories and not being able to finish them... Or i start a plot and stuff but don't know what to do with it. So either i would like someone to give me advice or volunteer to co author.Alot of times i feel like its not getting anywhere or its just not intresting me anymore. Then when i try to start back up, it seems like a fail. The farthest i've gotten in any story for myself is about 2-3 pages. I need help writing.