This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

WEbook Forums > The Water Cooler > General Chat > Books & characters taking on lives of their own?
Let loose and have fun!
Posted: 6/3/2016 9:05 AM PDT

Satyr
You are obviously doing something right if your characters take on a life of their own and the plot changes from what you originally planned.  I admit I have never managed to carry on as far as you (4 novels in a series completed, did you say?).  I take my (virtual) hat off to you.  I can remember that even when writing a dissertation my argument changed from my original plan, as I uncovered flaws which had to be dealt with, rather than ignored. 
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 6/15/2015 1:29 PM PDT
I see that people are viewing these posts! How about joing in so I'm not hanging here all by my lonesome!

Posted: 6/1/2015 8:48 AM PDT
Hi Everyone,
Just wondering if anyone else out there has written a series and not had it turn out the way you initially thought it would.
I'm writing book 7 of a 7 book series. Halfway through book 4 I thought I knew who the "mysterious bad guy" was, only it changed again at the end of book 6 and now it looks like it's changed again while outlining book 7. Lots of fun how these characters and storylines sometimes develop themselves.
Curious if anyone else has had experiences with their books and characters taking on lives of their own?

With Love and Gratitude,
TJ Shortt
www.shivercove.com