This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

A discussion to stoke your writing fire.
Posted: 9/23/2008 4:22 PM PDT
LOL I'm sorry I may have beaten you to it . . . . I sent you all invites!
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 9/20/2008 7:37 PM PDT
Nashelle, you should post info about your motivation group so people can join!

Posted: 9/20/2008 11:22 AM PDT
I need motivation too! Can we create a group people like us? Think I'll go and make one now...

Posted: 9/20/2008 5:54 AM PDT
Since you have little scenes written out in your head, why don't you write them on paper? Just do one at first, and give it to a friend to read. If they like it, it'll motivate you to keep going.

Posted: 9/19/2008 7:34 AM PDT
Deadlines can be great motivation, as Sarah suggests. Having someone else you're accountable to is a big part of that. It's like starting a new workout routine -- it's always easier if you have someone who'll ring your doorbell at 7 AM, ready to go to the gym. Why not start with small goals? Try starting a project on WEbook where you commit to writing 1000 words a day -- or even 500 words a day, if 1000 is too many. There are probably lots of other people on the site -- maybe even in this forum -- who would join you, and you can all help motivate each other. Once you get into the habit of writing, it will be easier to start chipping away at those big projects you've been putting off. Good luck!

Posted: 9/18/2008 8:50 PM PDT
My biggest motivation: deadlines. I seriously enrolled in a grad program in writing because I wanted a deadline big enough to force myself to finish my novel. It worked, but it cost me a fortune. Some ideas that are less expensive: form a writer's group with your friends and give yourselves a schedule. You'll be accountable to them for actually writing down those little scenes and showing them to people. If your friends are too forgiving, you could always join writer's group at a local bookstore, off craiglists, or find one here on WeBook. Or you could always take a class. Good luck!

Posted: 9/18/2008 5:00 PM PDT
Ok, I have tons of (what I think are) great ideas. I have little scenes written out in my head and I can just see the feedback I might get, at least from some of my friends, but I just have little motivation. If someone can think of a way to help me please do!