This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

A discussion to stoke your writing fire.
Posted: 5/8/2009 3:42 PM PDT
One idea I just thought of is to take one of her stories and create a sequel to it.
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 5/4/2009 8:29 PM PDT
An update of what I have so far is my project entitled "Baby Doll"

Posted: 4/14/2009 8:02 AM PDT
Sometimes I come up with plots by thinking of a situation that I have dealt with in real life. Ask yourself if you would have handled this situation any differently if you had a different personality or condition. Or you could also ask yourself what could have happened if you handled the situation any differently. Dreams are also a great outline for plots. I usually draw stories from parts of dreams and then come up with a plot from there. Best of luck!

Posted: 4/13/2009 9:50 PM PDT
Help me please! For my grade 12 writer's craft course, I have to write an original piece. My assignment was this: Choose a writer Read a variety of works by this writer Analyze his or her style and write an essay THEN, write an original piece in the genre or style of the writer. I picked Alice Munro, so clearly I'm writing a short story. Although her short stories are 30-40 pages in length. I have a good grasp on her style, but i'm having trouble coming up with an original/ intriguing plot. Does anyone have a good story or idea that I can draw upon for inspiration? Thank you!