This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

A discussion to stoke your writing fire.
Posted: 6/21/2010 8:14 PM PDT
ok, Thanks :}
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 6/21/2010 3:54 AM PDT
Now that I'm thinking it over, if the godfather raises the boy from 11 months old, showing your reader that their bonding is really a moot point, and kind of redundant. You really only need to show that the man sees the boy as his own son. As for showing it, you just need a simple conversation between the man and boy, that shows they know each other as well as a father and son know each other.

Posted: 6/21/2010 3:54 AM PDT
Well, if your going for length of your story, then your chapter should focus on two to four good memories that help them bond. Say, one could be the young boy waking the man up on christmas, another could be a doctor visit, a third could be first day of school, the possibilities are endless. but this is key!! In each memory, one of them have to learn a lesson about the other. maybe the boy learns about the depth of the man's love for god, or the man can learn about the boy's way of thinking, say how he plays with his toys.

Posted: 6/15/2010 1:05 PM PDT
Sorry the first chapter with them in it is Great is Thy Faithfulness.

Posted: 6/14/2010 5:42 PM PDT
In the story I am writing, One of the main characters is a single man who becomes a Godfather. He is a music minister at a small church. His godson's parents died when he was only like 11 months old. I want to make the next chapter I write about them bonding, because I feel like I haven't really instilled they're relationship, which is partially on purpose. I wanted to make part of the story about how he really starts of think as Seth as his own son. I wanted the next chapter to be something that bonds them, but nothing too drastic like a near death experience. I'm not, however, completely opposed to that idea if there is a good enough suggestion. Here is a link to the chapter where this is all introduced if you would like to read it. If you need to read more every other chapter after this one is about them. This is only my rough draft so I apologize if it is not very good. http://www.webook.com/project/I-Am-A-Work-in-progress-1