This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

A place for Round 3 Raters (and writers!) to discuss their experiences
Posted: 2/12/2011 11:45 AM PST
Nobody has seen this effect skyval is talking about except skyval. A couple of others have mentioned different unusual effects. Has anybody considered their own browser? Browsers have a thing called a 'cache', and it keeps stuff you've seen before, so it can present it again. The page I'm looking at for instance has a bunch of stuff on it I've seen before. This page has a whole lot of pieces, and if my cache was empty, the browser would have to fetch every piece which would make it appear slow. Depending on how your browser is set, your browser could be simply showing you the way the page looked, last time you looked at it. Just a thought. (I used to do tech support for the internet services of ATT)
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 10/25/2010 4:08 PM PDT
Thanks, Mombres. That could explain it. Thought I was losing my mind!

Posted: 10/25/2010 1:29 PM PDT
Um...it just occurred to me that the changes you noticed might have been a positive thing, which would have kept some submissions in the running. I'm not following closely after I rate round 3s at this point, just trying to rate as many as I can. In any case, though, it would be confusing if they started changing final decisions. My guess is that it was just webook working on the site. When they first opened up round 3 rating, when I logged on, I was directed to a webook2 site (nothing but the web address in the browser bar indicated this) . Maybe this was something like that, where you were on a temporary site while they worked on the regular one.

Posted: 10/25/2010 10:55 AM PDT
That's odd Skyval, but I don't think you're crazy. I've seen stranger things.They must've been working on the site when you saw those changes. I don't understand how all this web site stuff works but I can imagine that the bigger and more involved it gets the harder it becomes to manage. At least they changed it back and didn't leave us all wondering.

Posted: 10/25/2010 9:07 AM PDT
Okay, now everything is back as it was. I'm sure you will all think I'm crazy, but for a while this morning there was a time warp.

Posted: 10/25/2010 8:35 AM PDT
So I just checked rating stats and things have changed! Several previously elevated Round 3 entries are now showing they have NOT been elevated and several entries that washed out seem to be back in the running. Any ideas about what's going on?