This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

A discussion to stoke your writing fire.
Posted: 10/19/2008 2:00 PM PDT
What does the opening have to be "eyecatching"? If you manage a very tough beginning, on the other hand, all the stupid readers will get bored with you and you'll keep only the clever ones along. A better strategy, in my opinion. Nobody likes or wants stupid readers.
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 10/14/2008 11:17 AM PDT
What's the general plot? I think that the opening should reflect the position you want to put your reader in to better absorb your story.

Posted: 10/13/2008 1:24 PM PDT
I'd be glad to help you~!! Getting stuck on the beginning happens to me all the time. If I know the ending, I just kinda work backwards in my mind and figure out where in my backwards journey I want to start. That or I start with an intro instead of a first chapter so I can figure out what writing style I want to use and what timeline type thing the characters will start on... please dont' ask me to explain my stupid head.... Anyways, I'd be glad to help. Just post or message me the information of what it is about and I'll tell ya what I can do for ya

Posted: 10/11/2008 7:12 AM PDT
I have all my notes in place, and I'm ready to compile it all into the book. But I have a problem. I don't know exactly, on how to begin the story with an eyecatching opening. I will be happy to discuss the book on a one on one basis, so anyone who can help I will appreciate it very much. Also on my webook project "One Man's Life, Is Another Man's Laugh" it is open for guys to share their experiences in dating, romance, and other things. So come in and join the fun in writing this webook.