This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

Historical Fiction Forum
Posted: 12/25/2017 4:04 AM PST
hi all, my name is Arsen)) I am a new member here )) thanks for your post , nice to meet you all here, in this web site....
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 4/2/2013 12:10 AM PDT
Hello Heather Pirates generally are fascinating people around whom to build a story. While I can't claim to be an expert, I have done some reading, limited, admittedly, to pirates of the Caribbean and American East Coast. If your plan is to use pirates as metaphors or models for the way humans behave in general, you're probably on to a good idea. Even if your aim is nothing more than telling a good story I think you're onto a winner. Go for it. All the best with your writing. Warmest regards Riis

Posted: 5/12/2011 8:00 AM PDT
Shih* I spelled it wrong. XD Ha. Yeah. I was thinking of doing her. She was an ex-prostitute on a floating brothel (or however you spell it) and all sorts of rather interesting stuff.

Posted: 5/12/2011 7:57 AM PDT
Go with Ching Shij. Chinese pirates are not explored in American literature as much as European ones.

Posted: 5/12/2011 7:24 AM PDT
Yes. I'm debating on a historical fiction about Grace O'Malley, an Irish Pirate. Or Ching Shij, a Chinese woman who had well over 1,800 ships and 80,000 pirates under her control. I think I may do both, but eh. I don't do research very often and get bored with it. XD