This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

A discussion to stoke your writing fire.
Posted: 7/8/2010 12:01 AM PDT
Girl: Shiala Boy: Alius (meaning strong willed, brave) Other girl: Batria (meaning powerful omen) Mum: Crysta (woman of a powerful curse) Dad: Eban (Unique, rich) i don't know! these words are kinda strange but they're great names! trust me!
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 6/11/2010 12:06 PM PDT
alright. A unique never been heard of name for your main female character: Nytha Toravay. Or Dahnya, Serithu Venah. Um... Oridani. Saia. Firra. Ileimara. Or something like that. Name for a mysterious man: something that more describes him than names him, but still names him. Like Strider for Aragorn (Lord of the Rings) If you don't know someone's real name, they automatically become mysterious. Why do you think authors use pen names? Guardian is a decent name, but that's more...guardian-like... sorry not helpful. Um, another name could be Caster (not casper, unless you like that), Archer, Walker (haha), Ridlock, Vincent. Caithe. I don't know. The lost girl: Oehna, Eyre (Aire, Air, Aer) Aira. Sora, Stilnara, Adena, Winter. The parents: Andromeda and Logan...Toravay actually. That works rather well there. um... Von Ritche. I don't know. Sorry that was less than helpful. Good luck and Write on!

Posted: 6/11/2010 1:56 AM PDT
girl hamrab guy vahism

Posted: 6/10/2010 2:32 PM PDT
Lost girl: Solita (Meaning alone) Mysterious boy: Barbara (Meaning: Exotic, Mysterious, Stranger ) Main Character: Raeka (Meaning: Beautiful, Unique ) Rich woman: Katungi (Meaning: Rich ) Rich Man: Otrick (Meaning: From Otis, meaning Wealthy )

Posted: 6/3/2010 12:17 AM PDT
I couldn't really tell you any specific names either, but to help with finding an original name try thinking of names that are already out there and think of ways you could change them to be different. For the other names, you could go to websites that tell you what names mean... "Mysterious" or "dark" for the guy "lost" or "alone" for the girl... of course you can look up what you want, but those are some ideas... and so on... Hope you find names for them!! :)

Posted: 6/2/2010 10:17 AM PDT
I couldn't do Everest because my baby sisters name is Ever and I think that 's really close!

Posted: 5/18/2010 2:01 PM PDT
Main girl: Aura (full, but could also be short for Auralia), Everest Guy: Zero, Truce, Zane, Alejandro Lost Girl: Lain, or Laine Mom: I second Fancesca Dad: Christopher II ! xD

Posted: 5/18/2010 10:17 AM PDT
for the main girl: Nikita or Aure for the guy: Liam, Darin, or maybe Zaccheus for the other girl: Dakota, Naomi, Ruana for the mom: Francesca maybe? for the dad: Johnathon?

Posted: 5/14/2010 7:13 AM PDT
Sorry spelt that wrong, Its spelt 'Peninah'

Posted: 5/14/2010 7:12 AM PDT
How about Peniah, meaning 'Pearl'? Penn for short, I was going to use it for one of my main characters in one of my novels but changed it at the last minute :) R.

Posted: 5/10/2010 8:09 AM PDT
I think Brittain or Emma Leigh would be unique and both could easily be a lost foreigner. And the guys name could be carl, donald, zane, alexander, Elizabeth and Richard Harbor sound like rich names. Other random names Lynette, Sara, (last name) Vann, Mary, Stormy, Cole, Taylor could be first or last name, Evan, William. I've got more if this doesn't help

Posted: 5/3/2010 9:23 PM PDT
Genevieve for the main girl's name. I like Jasper, or perhaps Koga for the guy. Alice for the lost girl. Victoria for the mom. Lucius for the dad.

Posted: 3/27/2010 12:06 AM PST
Corina, short form Cory or Corie: main gal, It's a name stuffy parents might give. Zach, Taylor, Jasper= guy name? Hope, Faith= lost gal? (ironic name) Milicent= mom name Reginald, Luther= dad name

Posted: 3/24/2010 12:36 PM PST

Tkain
I can't give you exact names off the top of my head but I can give you some hints that might help you find them yourself. The names don't make the character but they do have an impact on how your reader first percieves them. For main characters I find that short names work best or having a long name but also give the character a nick name that is used more often. For the parents go with longer names, use first, middle and last names for them to give an air of nobility or wealth. If you still have problems there are some random name generators out there try a google search for one.

Posted: 3/24/2010 12:00 PM PST
ok i need a main character girl name. something unique and out of the box that no one has ever heard of! Then I need a name for a guy but i dont really know what type. something that makes him sound mysterious. Then I need another girls name that sounds like she's been ost for a while. Then I need some parents name that sound rich and they dont really care about there own kid because they're so focused on money! thanks