This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

Help for writers who want to use WEbook like a pro.
Posted: 11/26/2013 9:12 AM PST
Hi there, and thank you for the information.
I did see that thread, but as the novel wasn't self-published it didn't seem relevant.
I will double check the contract. Appreciate your time :)
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 11/26/2013 6:56 AM PST

hlk88

Hello!

The most important thing is to have a close look at what your contract says. Some self-publishing contracts state that an author has to notify their publisher of their intent to break their agreement at the end of the contract term, otherwise it continues rolling. You should also check to see what, if any, rights they retain after the contract expires (ebook for example).

If you're confident that the contract you had with your previous publishers has expired, and has by expiring reverted the exclusive worldwide right to publish your title back to you, thereby leaving them with no legal entitlement to the title in any form of media, then you are more than welcome to submit your work to WEbook for consideration through PageToFame and other channels, such as the Monthly Challenges. 

For more detailed information about this, please take a look at the FAQ entry: Can I post a book or content I've already self-published elsewhere?

H

Posted: 11/25/2013 7:46 AM PST
I appreciate that. Thanks for your time, Lanette :)

Posted: 11/25/2013 7:44 AM PST
Ah, in that case, I don't think it'll be an issue since WeBook has recently published titles under the same circumstance. I don't mean to speak out of turn since I'm not on staff, so Hannah, do you want to confirm?

Posted: 11/25/2013 7:38 AM PST
 The contract with the current publisher is about to expire, and so am looking for somewhere else. 

Posted: 11/25/2013 7:34 AM PST
If it's published, it doesn't make sense to enter a contest in which the goal is to be published. Is your book self-published? That's a different situation, and in that case, I believe the answer's yes.

Posted: 11/25/2013 6:57 AM PST
With regard to the monthly first-chapter and the page-to-fame submissions, can a novel you've written that has already published be submitted?